How Long Can I Save Mixed Nutes?

• Thread starter cluneyboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cluneyboy

Hi all,new to this whole growing thing.
1 quick question, can i mix my nutes and use half in the morning and the other half when i get home in the evening?
i'm growing in a 1.6 gallon pot so just looking ahead to 2 feedings a day.

Fangthane

Fangthane

Not sure what the experienced crowd would have to say about it, but I personally do it. If it's a matter of mere hours, or even overnight in a sealed container, there shouldn't be a whole lot happening, chemically, to your solution in that amount of time. If we're talking days on end of being stored in an open container, pH swing and opportunity for general contamination would come into play.

Enforcer

Enforcer

1 quick question, can i mix my nutes and use half in the morning and the other half when i get home in the evening?
You will be fine.

3 balls

3 balls

Great question, even though I've done it from time to time for years without any noticeable issues, I've wondered the same.
It might be worth re-checking the ph . It may be specific to a particular additive but I have seen ph shifts after sitting overnight.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Wondering if maybe organic vs inorganic nutrient contents may come into play. In my first run, I tried mixing up a week's supply at a time and shit just kinda ended up smelling funky by the end of the week. Erring on the side of caution, I just dumped the shit and didn't bother doing that again.
The bacterial shit in organics can stink, but the nutes are still there.

C

cluneyboy

I don't think that I'll be too concerned then.
Maybe just double check the ph first.
Thanks for the replies.
Happy growin'

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

When I mix nutes for my top off the ph will rise after setting for a while with air stone. For a mix your gonna use in 24hr I wouldn’t think it would swing to much. Id double check ph once though to see what’s up. Wouldn’t leave it setting in hot climate either.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
All depends on the Nutes and what is in it. Non organic chem ferts will usually stay mixed with no problems (as long as they are the right chems). Ive gone 2 weeks with pretty much no PH swing. Organic additives/Teas you will have the problem of stuff falling out of suspension. Usually 24hr is good for anything no matter what. From there it all depends on what it is.

Monster762

Monster762

I’ve never had issues but never sat more than a day. I’m pretty sure all those companies say not to let em sit and to use right after mixing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom