How Long Can Tea Brew And Still Be Good?

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
this tea has been brewing for over a month we just split it and fed it again
it's making its own bubbles now :-)
20150116 075033 1

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Yes as long as theres oxygen being supplied you can brew for weeks... Its when you STOP brewing and bottle the TEA that it starts to have a shelf life.. Without oxygen your bacteria dies and becomes very poisonus to plants :D Aka.. Anaerobic Tea :D

You want oxygen in your tea :D
Good info. Yeah, it still smeled good
the nose knows

MGRox

MGRox

hmmm. You know, back when I had a fish store and was doing testing on some things; we had a period where I used an oxygen concentrator and an air stone to oxygenate to higher levels (later did this another way and for other means, but is a long story xD).

I'm curious if there would be any benefit here using pure O2 for the bubbler with teas? Least you'd not have an O2 issue with a longer brew time. :D

Lol @ fermenting XD ....that's some high proof brew there

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Not sure what you mean by using Pure O2? Are you talking oxygen tank supply?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
it says brew kit on the instructions lol
I'm wondering,
if we don't like the way this tastes, can we give it to my plants?

I wouldn't feed it to plants but thats just cause i don't know enough bout that stuff, Seen it a few times on TV but never really investigated it..

I was just busting ya balls about fermenting brewing ;)

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Just an O2 concentrator. Was a long time ago, so it's not this model, but was a unit very similar to this. Home 5 lpm. I guess technically they aren't pure O2, but 90% or so.

Ahhhhhhhh kewl stuff, Tho im not sure it would really be needed since air stones and pumps seem to be effective enough.

DOGBUDS

DOGBUDS

Waking this thread up!!! This brew has been going for almost two weeks.. When I use the tea I do NOT use all of it, I'll leave at least 5 gallons in the tea container(32g trash can). I add EWC and poor UM all over the outside of the tea bag every 2-4 days depending on hows the Bubbles, I said Bubbles, be looking... I will add nutrients once a week and how much depends on how the girls are looking. SMELLS LIKE HEAVEN!!!!!

IMG950320
brandonlongmire

brandonlongmire

Guys help!! I posted this in a different threadbut no response! What can be going on with my plants

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
Yes, it is still good. With compost tea, even if the microflora die, there are still humus and micronutrients s bio-available to plants. With kombucha/jun that has ceased fermentation, there are still beneficial organic acids available as antioxidants beneficial for plant immune health.

Top Bottom