how long do marijuana seeds take ripen or mature for harvest???

• Thread starter wickedest1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wickedest1

Hi all I have a Jamaican Purple Skunk female Plant that is an early flowering plant & I have an auto Blue Himalaya male & female I really like the characteristics of the 2 and I crossed pollinated the J.P.S & A.B.H male to see what I can get out of them I hope that it stays auto flowering and passes off some of the purple hues and dense tricromes with the blueberry aroma & couch locked high of both strains

Its been about 2 to 3 weeks since I pollinated the J.P.S & the seeds are poking out the calyx now & are large but still green the plant is outdoors & is at the point of being finished maybe even over ripe because I didnt get to pollinate until more then half way into flowering

how long do seeds take ripen or mature for harvesting??? what would be the shortest amount of time to the longest it could take as far as I know it could be as long as 4 to 8 weeks for ripe seeds

I dont want to harvest them to early cause I counted only about 10 or 12 seeds total until I can harvest and know for sure and I dont want to damage or lose a potential female

How long should I wait to harvest if the seeds are fat green and poking out the calyx?? keeping in mind its only been 2-3 weeks so far I really dont care for the bud that its gonna yield then I do for its seeds :time

Fred el Gato

Fred el Gato

I've read that 30 to 45 days for seeds to mature. I went 45,seeds are drying now, when I sorted them about a third weren't viable(white,not fully formed, or cracked with slight pressure) Not sure if the auto will have an effect on maturity times. Hope this helps. Grow on,Fred

budboy299

budboy299

I also noted that germination went way up when the seeds rested after harvest for a couple weeks.

Seeds that I made went for more than a month( actually around 6 weeks) from pollination till harvest. Probably more than needed but with the cost of seeds...for me it was worth it.

T

treehugger

I've seen pictures of seeded pot plants where the seeds germinated in the bud while the mother plant still held vigor. (bonus question: how many plants does that count against your limit? lol)

joeca1i

joeca1i

40 days,maybe longer if you there not in the ideal environment...

M

moodster

wait untill they are about popping out then they are ready m8

B

bubbagrnthmb

I'm in the same boat. I just crossed a pineapple chunk with a bruce banner #3 male. I think it will be a sure winner but I waited way too long pollinate. I wonder if mine will stay alive long enought to mature

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm in the same boat. I just crossed a pineapple chunk with a bruce banner #3 male. I think it will be a sure winner but I waited way too long pollinate. I wonder if mine will stay alive long enought to mature
Bruce 3 male? Also I just harvested seeds I waited 6 weeks and and a ton of very plump seeds. Also on the auto thing if u cross an auto with an auto in pretty sure they will be auto but if u cross an auto to a photo I think 1/3 are auto in not positive the i would ask @Quagmire

B

bubbagrnthmb

Bruce 3 male? Also I just harvested seeds I waited 6 weeks and and a ton of very plump seeds. Also on the auto thing if u cross an auto with an auto in pretty sure they will be auto but if u cross an auto to a photo I think 1/3 are auto in not positive the i would ask @Quagmire
Yes I used colloidal silver to hermie a branch

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes I used colloidal silver to hermie a branch
I was gonna say in from Colorado where Bruce was born and there are no males lol I kinda miss my cut I got it from a pal close to the source i had a silver haze x pineapple express that i crossed to the Bruce then crossed the babies back to the pine apple express silver haze and i got a killer cut I called grave kat. ..hence the name too bad I lost it

B

bubbagrnthmb

Awesome. Too bad you lost it. I hope these beans mature. I really wanna see how these turn out. I also crossed bruce over liberty haze and accupulco gold. One of these are bound to make a feller pass straight the fuck out.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Awesome. Too bad you lost it. I hope these beans mature. I really wanna see how these turn out. I also crossed bruce over liberty haze and accupulco gold. One of these are bound to make a feller pass straight the fuck out.
Just keep em going as long as you can you only need a few

str8smokn

str8smokn

If the female is Auto you have a 90+% of Auto seeds..
Auto male /reg female then there's a 40% chance of Autos and 50% chance of faster flowering plants.
That's my understanding of it.
STR8

robomont

robomont

if the outer pod skin turns brown.you may only have days left before another bud or wind etc knocks it out of pod.thats when i know,no messing around harvest now.

C

Chongo

If the female is Auto you have a 90+% of Auto seeds..
Auto male /reg female then there's a 40% chance of Autos and 50% chance of faster flowering plants.
That's my understanding of it.
STR8
Sorry but this sounds totally bogus. Unless you are suggesting that only females are autoflowering-which seems highly unlikely given that this would make pollination in nature nearly impossible-there is no reason to think sex would have any effect on the rate of inheritance of this trait. Interesting you know the exact percentages, I would love to see evidence to support this claim.

Smithygreen

Smithygreen

Sorry but this sounds totally bogus. Unless you are suggesting that only females are autoflowering-which seems highly unlikely given that this would make pollination in nature nearly impossible-there is no reason to think sex would have any effect on the rate of inheritance of this trait. Interesting you know the exact percentages, I would love to see evidence to support this claim.
I breed autos, I agree with you the claims made are total bullshit. If crossing a photo to an auto or vice versa only about 25 percent of the seeds will carry the trait gene to autoflower. To get a true auto you have to breed the seeds that auto, back into themselves 3 more times and only use the seeds that autoflower to get to 100 percent autoflowering seeds. Then you have to phenom hunt for a few more grows with those seeds to get a nice stable auto. It takes about 7 to 8 grows of very selective breeding and a lot of STS.i have one I have been working on for two years now and it still isnt done. As for seed maturity I let my pollinated plants go until they begin to die and then I harvest. It is the only way to guarantee good seeds every time.

Jseeds

Jseeds

Hey Guys
I am new to breeding cannabis. I was able to obtain a viable tan pollen from a female plant I had in flower. I saturated the whole plant. Pollinated a little late at 3.5/4 weeks. I achieved great pollination. Literally every part of the plant pollinated including bud sites on the lowest branches. We felt we may have over pollinated (Is this possible?) because the plant is focusing so much energy on seed development. Two weeks ago (week 11 of flower, and week 7 of pollination) I pulled a tan frosted branch around 10” tall with bud sites up the stem (ping pong size) I got 20 mature seeds with some calyxs that look like they were abandoned with just dust inside. And then I pulled this branch a couple days ago and as it’s dried I’ve found two mature seeds but it still needs to dry. The question is, 1# what PK boosters, budharders do you use if any and if/if not, what do you do to achieve YEILD in seeds. I have heard of elevating calmag but I’m kind of at a loss. Each branch had the potential to produces thousands if not hundreds. Do I just keep runnning it? Is there something special I can give them to mature faster? I’m growing in Coco. I just don’t understand why it’s taking so long one and two why I would be 9 weeks after pollination and not seeing significant yields in MATURITY. Please Help. Thanks
Ps at the time of this post I am about to start week 13 of flower and week 9 of pollination

824FAA0B 6241 4229 ABFA 5499FFD37571
2B16DB3E 0CDB 4423 8E97 ABA16059E78E
E6900A4B 73AE 4BF7 81C1 A01EE2219D27
Bryanmcn

Bryanmcn

Hey Guys
I am new to breeding cannabis. I was able to obtain a viable tan pollen from a female plant I had in flower. I saturated the whole plant. Pollinated a little late at 3.5/4 weeks. I achieved great pollination. Literally every part of the plant pollinated including bud sites on the lowest branches. We felt we may have over pollinated (Is this possible?) because the plant is focusing so much energy on seed development. Two weeks ago (week 11 of flower, and week 7 of pollination) I pulled a tan frosted branch around 10” tall with bud sites up the stem (ping pong size) I got 20 mature seeds with some calyxs that look like they were abandoned with just dust inside. And then I pulled this branch a couple days ago and as it’s dried I’ve found two mature seeds but it still needs to dry. The question is, 1# what PK boosters, budharders do you use if any and if/if not, what do you do to achieve YEILD in seeds. I have heard of elevating calmag but I’m kind of at a loss. Each branch had the potential to produces thousands if not hundreds. Do I just keep runnning it? Is there something special I can give them to mature faster? I’m growing in Coco. I just don’t understand why it’s taking so long one and two why I would be 9 weeks after pollination and not seeing significant yields in MATURITY. Please Help. Thanks
Ps at the time of this post I am about to start week 13 of flower and week 9 of pollination
Saw this post from last year. Did you get any answers? Were your seeds viable?

LHTC

LHTC

I've read that 30 to 45 days for seeds to mature. I went 45,seeds are drying now, when I sorted them about a third weren't viable(white,not fully formed, or cracked with slight pressure) Not sure if the auto will have an effect on maturity times. Hope this helps. Grow on,Fred
.... also, my seed plants are indoors. Seeds formed but still green. I have been watering the plants. Should I stop? Thanks for any help.

Top Bottom