how long does it take for thc to form in the buds

• Thread starter memnoch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
memnoch

memnoch

i had a broken stem on my smallest plant that has the beginning of the buds on it. hardly has anything on it all. but i decided to smoke it anyway. I'm a little intoxicated from the 6 hits i took. I did not think it would do anything at all since it not close to full maturity. to my surprise i actually feel it...or maybe it's a placebo affect because i want to so badly lol . how long does it take for thc to start in the buds? is it as soon as the sites show up. because i'm only a week after that on my auto crit kush plants. the buds were maybe one third of an inch at best. can they even hace thc in them at this point? i haven't smoked in two days so my tolerance is lower than normal as well.

Gmix

Gmix

Thc is there from birth is part of the plants make up as it get nearer harvest the thc starts to ripen,you probably got a bit giggly coz you ain’t smoked in a while I wouldn’t go robbing the buds mind all that time it took you to get to flower then you ruin it as to speak wait a while longer smoke a leaf if you must even thou you should just leave it alone as you’ll get more back.

PurpleGreen

PurpleGreen

THC starts developing during flowering, so even small buds can have some kick. It might not be as potent as fully mature buds, but you never know how it'll hit you. Enjoy the buzz and keep an eye on those buds as they grow. Happy smoking!

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I remember years and years ago before we learnt about flowering smoking leaf’s and getting high 🤣
I saw a news report a while ago that claimed the average THC level was 3% before legalization. Now it's close to 30%. I also remember rolling seeds and stems into joints. Times do change. 😎

memnoch

memnoch

I saw a news report a while ago that claimed the average THC level was 3% before legalization. Now it's close to 30%. I also remember rolling seeds and stems into joints. Times do change. 😎
i don't believe that. the stuff I smoked in high school was just as good as most of the stuff in the shops these days. granted i new a few peoples dads that grew back then and their stuff was definitely better than the Mexican brown junk that was also around but still 3 percent sounds like BS

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
When are we talking about? 1960s-70s? 1980s-90s? 10 years ago? Big difference. Brown Mexican seeded? Columbian gold, Panama red, Skunk, Hawaiian, Thai, Afghani....

Once Indica started making its way in to US weed, hybrids, the kind of studf they were growing in California 40+ years ago, quality was already going way up. Over the last 30 years we're talking incremental increases in thc% through selective breeding, the development of new varieties......

The answer to how long it takes for thc to form on a plant........and of course it really forms on the outside of the various plant parts, in the resin glands, for the most part on an increasing basis over the life of the plant......there's a small amount of resin on fan leaves even early in a plant's life. Unless it's some amazing genetics, you'd be hard pressed to see much resin, even with magnification. You'd have to smoke quite a bit, it would be pretty harsh, and even with low tolerance you'd probably get a mild buzz, maybe with a sore throat. As the plant grows and matures, more resin forms on the newer growth, the smaller leaves, shoots, tops......still not very much. Ultimately it's going to be the female flowers where the real resin production is, otherwise there would be a decent market for males. Even with the early female flowers resin production is relatively minimal, but still noticeably more than the leaves. As female flowers/buds start to really develop and mature, that's where resin content goes up considerably. Now you can start seeing the many resing glands glisten and sparkle in the light........

2 days? That's not really going to decrease your tolerance.........try 20 days. ;). Might as well smoke a bud that's broken off, but an early, small flower site is going to produce a heck of a lot more than a few hits after many more weeks. I know it's hard to wait, especially if you don't have any weed while you're growing, but the more patience/willpower you have, the more you'll be rewarded at maturity.

At each stage, every few days or so, depending on how many plants you have, how big they are, you can pinch off a little something, but try to properly dry it and even cure it a bit.......you'll see that each bit you harvest will be stronger than the one before.

Another thing you can do is a "water cure". Thoroughly dry whatever you take, even the leaves. Then soak it in cold water for 12-24 hours. Leave it as ibtact as you can so the resin stays stuck on the material. The cold water soak will pull out the chlorophyll and other unwanted plant matter and you'll pour off this greenish water.......re-dry the material and it will be stonger and less green/nasty tasting. Use a bong to further clean the smoke.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom