How long to go from seed to 8" of growth?

• Thread starter CyborgGold
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CyborgGold

CyborgGold

Here in Michigan our plant counts include any plant over 8" tall or wide. Right now I am trying to set up a schedule and I need to get an estimate for how long it takes to get from germination to an 8" seedling. If I plan on starting a Vegetative cycle on 1/1/21, when should I germinate?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Here in Michigan our plant counts include any plant over 8" tall or wide. Right now I am trying to set up a schedule and I need to get an estimate for how long it takes to get from germination to an 8" seedling. If I plan on starting a Vegetative cycle on 1/1/21, when should I germinate?

Many variables but mostly what light intensity is on them and the medium.

But where did you get this info? Michigan has always counted anything with roots.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
About a month the way I grow. A little less maybe. Once they are that height though they are ready to flip for me.

I don't consider them seedlings past day like 10 fwiw. I'm just growing roots for the first couple weeks so they can handle being in the full veg regimen. The height is kind of incidental.

Honestly though until you know your own specifics a schedule will be so subject to change as to be a guideline at best.

Fudge

Fudge

I agree, concentrate on roots. I see mine like icebergs with most of the good shit being underneath out of sight. but train them too so they are literally 8 inches wide as well as tall, your best bet is to grow a couple out and get a rough time estimate with your environment and genetics, and take notes on each strain you grow for future planning reference.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I agree, concentrate on roots. I see mine like icebergs with most of the good shit being underneath out of sight. but train them too so they are literally 8 inches wide as well as tall, your best bet is to grow a couple out and get a rough time estimate with your environment and genetics, and take notes on each strain you grow for future planning reference.
The last bit is really important. That's what my grow diaries are for in part, and I already used my heavily imperfect first diary extensively in plotting my second grow, the diary for which I'm sure I'll use for the third and so forth.

growsince79

growsince79

about 3 weeks maybe.

quirk

quirk

1/2 inch a day until first sign of flower, according to what I just made up, which holds true on my auto grows.

CyborgGold

CyborgGold

Many variables but mostly what light intensity is on them and the medium.

But where did you get this info? Michigan has always counted anything with roots.

Bottom of pg. 3, top of pg. 4. Rule 2, (2) " For the purposes of this rule, only mature marihuana plants are included in the plant count in subrule (1) of this rule. "

A 'mature' plant is defined on pg. 3, (o) “Mature plant” means a flowering or nonflowering marihuana plant that has taken root and is taller than 8 inches from the growing or cultivating medium or wider than 8 inches, produced from a cutting, clipping, tissue culture, or seedling, and that is in a growing or cultivating medium or in a growing or cultivating container

CyborgGold

CyborgGold

About a month the way I grow. A little less maybe. Once they are that height though they are ready to flip for me.

I don't consider them seedlings past day like 10 fwiw. I'm just growing roots for the first couple weeks so they can handle being in the full veg regimen. The height is kind of incidental.

Honestly though until you know your own specifics a schedule will be so subject to change as to be a guideline at best.

I totally agree, just trying to figure out a good starting point until I get that part figured out for my setup. I will probably germinate a little bit later than the general consensus to be on the safe side for the first few cycles.

CyborgGold

CyborgGold

The last bit is really important. That's what my grow diaries are for in part, and I already used my heavily imperfect first diary extensively in plotting my second grow, the diary for which I'm sure I'll use for the third and so forth.

So what do your diaries indicate about how long it took your plants to reach 8" I'm not expecting to replicate anybody else's grow, just looking for a rough estimate to use for my scheduling purposes while putting together our business plan. We're using the schedule as a loose framework to help us in planning, not as a hard and fast rule. So far what I'm hearing is about 3-4 weeks, which is good enough for what I'm doing. Hopefully your information matches this too. Thanks for the reply!

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
So what do your diaries indicate about how long it took your plants to reach 8" I'm not expecting to replicate anybody else's grow, just looking for a rough estimate to use for my scheduling purposes while putting together our business plan. We're using the schedule as a loose framework to help us in planning, not as a hard and fast rule. So far what I'm hearing is about 3-4 weeks, which is good enough for what I'm doing. Hopefully your information matches this too. Thanks for the reply!
Yes. I don't measure, but I'd say around 24 days from cotyledons spread.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Bottom of pg. 3, top of pg. 4. Rule 2, (2) " For the purposes of this rule, only mature marihuana plants are included in the plant count in subrule (1) of this rule. "

A 'mature' plant is defined on pg. 3, (o) “Mature plant” means a flowering or nonflowering marihuana plant that has taken root and is taller than 8 inches from the growing or cultivating medium or wider than 8 inches, produced from a cutting, clipping, tissue culture, or seedling, and that is in a growing or cultivating medium or in a growing or cultivating container

Interesting. This is for licensed growers. Is it the same for residents with rec? No change in medical card rules i see. Still any plant with roots.

Top Bottom