How long to go??

• Thread starter ChrispyTater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Happysmoke

Happysmoke

When roughly 80-90% of the pistils turn from white to brown/red you are getting close and start watching for other signs she's finishing. Only looks like they are just beginning to start darkening. By the end your fan leaves should be yellow too. Looks like it'll be a good bit.

ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

One suggestion , did you make clones ? I also see you had a male , i guess the male is gone , but it might have been nice to make some seeds , or make some clones for next grow.....
That sativa leaning strain looks very happy and healthy in your climate...
Do you have acess to same seed for next grow ?
Did she grow entire life in 12 hour light , or did you suppliment light in the beginig of grow veg ?
I just got given some seeds from a friend and planted 12 and ended up with 5 girls but gave 3 away. They started off with about 6-8 hours sun due to the shed not being fully lined with clear lite. Once they got tall I had to move them out and I assume by reading they got that tall because they were hungry for more light so they shot up. I don’t have any more seeds nor clones I don’t know how to do cloning yet. Both of my girls were from seed.

ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

When roughly 80-90% of the pistils turn from white to brown/red you are getting close and start watching for other signs she's finishing. Only looks like they are just beginning to start darkening. By the end your fan leaves should be yellow too. Looks like it'll be a good bit.
Thank you

ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

Cool my friend , anything i can help with , please ask ...thanks for sharing your story
Yea , i could tell by the photo vibe that you live somewhere cool....

Are they growing in coco , ? They look damn nice , what are you feeding them ?
They are just growing in top soil topped with some compost. I honest have had no idea what I’m doing haha I started off feeding them with fish thrive ( I’ll ad photos ) then got some all purpose feed while they are flowering. I know the ph is way out as well I’m around 7.5. I’ve trie
Cool my friend , anything i can help with , please ask ...thanks for sharing your story
Yea , i could tell by the photo vibe that you live somewhere cool....

Are they growing in coco , ? They look damn nice , what are you feeding them ?
they are just growing in topsoil then topped off with some compost. I honestly have had no idea what I’ve been doing haha. I currently know the pH is way out it’s around 7.5 I’ve tried everything to balance the back out but nothing seems to work. But they seem happy enough :/ . I started off with feeding them fish blood and bone ( I’ll post some pictures ) currently feeding it an all round feed.

2762462A 8493 49D6 8AE6 CCA0DDA459FD
326D531F D957 4521 A089 FCCE0FDACA83
EAFA60BC 5FD7 47CC A970 BCE9423ADC64
497279E8 D126 4FF0 B926 80EE4C89B53E
ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

They are just growing in top soil topped with some compost. I honest have had no idea what I’m doing haha I started off feeding them with fish thrive ( I’ll ad photos ) then got some all purpose feed while they are flowering. I know the ph is way out as well I’m around 7.5. I’ve trie

they are just growing in topsoil then topped off with some compost. I honestly have had no idea what I’ve been doing haha. I currently know the pH is way out it’s around 7.5 I’ve tried everything to balance the back out but nothing seems to work. But they seem happy enough :/ . I started off with feeding them fish blood and bone ( I’ll post some pictures ) currently feeding it an all round feed.
Sorry about the no pants photo there didn’t know it was like that. Oh dear lol

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hahaaaa, too funny , i was going to say something , but i figured i gave you enough crap in my first post !!-

Dont worry , i was only looking at the fert bottle 😆

But on a lighter note ..... holy shit ! Ive never , not that i can remember seen a first grow thrown togther like that and get such amazing luck ! I think you need to stay on track with this hobby .... you got a green thumb and good luck ,

dire wolf

dire wolf

P.S. you can hit the delete button on botttom left of picture next time ....

dire wolf

dire wolf

Next grow , do yourself a favor and get a bag of perlite if its availabe there , mix it in your soil ,30 % ish, it greatly improves aireation , and great drainage , creating a good environment for the roots....

Also , the height looks completely normal for sativa , next time dont defoliate so much
And the sativa will give you a much lighter , happier, sociable high as opposed to indica

Though some can be "trippy

And next time , easy on the high "nitrogen " fertilizers after first week of flowering .....
Or , well in your case , i m going to have to think about when veg ends and flower begins, which was the original issue.....

Last edited:
ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

Next grow , do yourself a favor and get a bag of perlite if its availabe there , mix it in your soil ,30 % ish, it greatly improves aireation , and great drainage , creating a good environment for the roots....

Also , the height looks completely normal for sativa , next time dont defoliate so much
And the sativa will give you a much lighter , happier, sociable high as opposed to indica

And next time , easy on the high "nitrogen " fertilizers after first week of flowering .....
Or , well in your case , i m going to have to think about when veg ends and flower begins, which was the original issue.....
Awesome man I so appreciative for the help! So it wasn’t until I started reading about nutrition for the plant that I found out about the nitrogen and acidic balance and I assume it was to late after all the feed I have given it in the first place it was to far gone in the ph situ. But I’m super keen to carry on it’s extremely fun to grow and learn about. I don’t really smoke but my partner does so she’s grateful for my new interest haha. Again very sorry about the picture lol.

ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

An

and also the reason I have trimmed so much is because some of the leafs looked unhealthy and a little yellow, not sure if that was due to the ph levels or not. But I just decided to trim them off incase it caused any other issues

dire wolf

dire wolf

An

and also the reason I have trimmed so much is because some of the leafs looked unhealthy and a little yellow, not sure if that was due to the ph levels or not. But I just decided to trim them off incase it caused any other issues
Ok , so now we are even , we will behave from now on.
So yea , could have been the nutrients , though the fish should have given it a lovely green , as its high in nitrogen and organic , if the dose was right , it would probably not damage the plant

The ph on the other hand could cause lots of problems , like nutrient lockout...
You can try to adjust the ph ,of your water... below 7 if poss )
Or if you werent working with potting soil i would tell you to do a flush or 2 times with ph adjusted water ,

Only problem is without the upgraded drainage , you soil will soak and can cause root rot and drowning issues...

If was me , but i dont give a shit about the plant and will sometimes do reckless stuff , i might let it dry out a bit , get a bag of perlite , mix 50 /50 or more , then pull the plant out of the container and into a bigger one with more drainage - and maybe fresh promix if you can get that...miix the perlite and promiix get a containter bigger so the plant can have a fresh area for its roots , like a third more space....
Risky but could work.,,

My idea is a little kamakazi... so maybe dont do my suggestion , you could end upwith a dead plant...

At this point might want to get a ppm meter and see whats running out the bottom when you plain water , and try to get the ppm down a bit by not feeding , maybe even taking some compost off the top,your medium might be really hot.....

Also move cautiously , dont add a high phospherous even though its recommended for flower , i think you have enough nutrients in there for a while , try to get stable , because yea that sativa leaning pheno has a month ? Left in her and will typically grow big and bigger bud by end of weeks.....
Which is still a possibility

ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

I
Ok , so now we are even , we will behave from now on.
So yea , could have been the nutrients , though the fish should have given it a lovely green , as its high in nitrogen and organic , if the dose was right , it would probably not damage the plant

The ph on the other hand could cause lots of problems , like nutrient lockout...
You can try to adjust the ph ,of your water... below 7 if poss )
Or if you werent working with potting soil i would tell you to do a flush or 2 times with ph adjusted water ,

Only problem is without the upgraded drainage , you soil will soak and can cause root rot and drowning issues...

If was me , but i dont give a shit about the plant and will sometimes do reckless stuff , i might let it dry out a bit , get a bag of perlite , mix 50 /50 or more , then pull the plant out of the container and into a bigger one with more drainage - and maybe fresh promix if you can get that...miix the perlite and promiix get a containter bigger so the plant can have a fresh area for its roots , like a third more space....
Risky but could work.,,

My idea is a little kamakazi... so maybe dont do my suggestion , you could end upwith a dead plant...

At this point might want to get a ppm meter and see whats running out the bottom when you plain water , and try to get the ppm down a bit by not feeding , maybe even taking some compost off the top,your medium might be really hot.....

Also move cautiously , dont add a high phospherous even though its recommended for flower , i think you have enough nutrients in there for a while , try to get stable , because yea that sativa leaning pheno has a month ? Left in her and will typically grow big and bigger bud by end of weeks.....
Which is still a possibility
don’t think I’ll risk moving it as I only have the two plants so I don’t want to end up with nothing lol. I’ve tried changing the ph of the water that I water with. I’ll attach a photo of it. I have also removed the compost from the top now it was only a small amount. The leafs I normally trim off also look a bit shit I’ll also put a photo of that on. I need to get a soil testing kit to really see where it’s at. At the moment I just use a probe and apparently they aren’t that accurate

dire wolf

dire wolf

I wouldn’t be able to add that now tho would I ?
Give me a little while to think about that , you might be able to dig around container and pull ot some soil and re mix with 50 /50 perlite and just drop and shake it back in , though could be tough , or just another container with around 10 more inches bottom space , gently yank your plant out and drop it in the new pre moistened enhanced with perlite container , it will make it , but go into a little shock , if you do this, take it out of direct sun for a few days to recover

But maybe dont do it , i dont to be responsible for f#@king up your plant...
Maybe some other opinions out there....

dire wolf

dire wolf

Yea maybe just try to work in some perlite on the sides , you can go pretty deep ,

You got some bugs eating your plants , but dont worry , outside , first grow , hard to avoid it...probably why you had to remove other leaves , its a little late in the game for pest control , but you can spray some if it dosent bother you
And learn for next time...

ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

Yea maybe just try to work in some perlite on the sides , you can go pretty deep ,

You got some bugs eating your plants , but dont worry , outside , first grow , hard to avoid it...probably why you had to remove other leaves , its a little late in the game for pest control , but you can spray some if it dosent bother you
And learn for next time...
So new information today. Feel like a total f head haha the tester I was using for ph was broken straight out of the box so my ph was actually fine. Now I’m way over the edge in the other direction. I have some pest control spray that I use every now and then. See photos. Any ideas for now upping my ph 🤦🏼‍♂️

dire wolf

dire wolf

Looking good ... what is the ph reading ?
Try adding a half cup or 1/4 cup of dolomite lime to your soil ....

ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

Looking good ... what is the ph reading ?
Try adding a half cup or 1/4 cup of dolomite lime to your soil ....
So it’s around 5.5 where my prob was telling me it was 7.5-8.0 lucky I didn’t over do it lol. Well I have slightly obviously. Ok I’ll have a hunt see what I can find. It’s hard because you guys are all mainly overseas so I have to try fine an equivalent here in NZ 😂

Top Bottom