How long to see if reveg is working?

• Thread starter Narsbars
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Narsbars

Narsbars

How long before I see reveg, currently at about two wees plus.
I harvested an AK47 at about ten weeks but only took off the top 2/3. I left all of the leaves and buds on the bottom of the plant. The whole plant is about 18 inches tall and the same wide in a 5 gal. bucket. Starting on 1-7-22 I went to 16/8 and am only seeing some fox tailing and wondering how long before I can see if I have a dead plant or some new growth. One LOL. I thought the plant was coming down with powdery mildew and rushed to harvest. I then sprayed the hell out of the remaining plant figuring out it wouldn't matter because it would be months for new growth and any left over taste would be gone. Turns out the so called powdery mildew was just huge amounts of white trichomes.

Reveg smaller
freezeland2

freezeland2

How long before I see reveg, currently at about two wees plus.
I harvested an AK47 at about ten weeks but only took off the top 2/3. I left all of the leaves and buds on the bottom of the plant. The whole plant is about 18 inches tall and the same wide in a 5 gal. bucket. Starting on 1-7-22 I went to 16/8 and am only seeing some fox tailing and wondering how long before I can see if I have a dead plant or some new growth. One LOL. I thought the plant was coming down with powdery mildew and rushed to harvest. I then sprayed the hell out of the remaining plant figuring out it wouldn't matter because it would be months for new growth and any left over taste would be gone. Turns out the so called powdery mildew was just huge amounts of white trichomes.
Lol, I’m laughing with you not at you. Mistake powder mildew for trichomes.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

A small USB or wireless digital microscope would come in handy. They're cheap and will allow you to see exactly what's frosting your plant.

It takes several weeks for a flowering plant to reverse and start vegetative grow. Leaf patterns will change going from 1 finger leaves to 3 to 5 etc. What your calling "foxtailing" is likely the beginning of veg growth.

Narsbars

Narsbars

A small USB or wireless digital microscope would come in handy. They're cheap and will allow you to see exactly what's frosting your plant.

It takes several weeks for a flowering plant to reverse and start vegetative grow. Leaf patterns will change going from 1 finger leaves to 3 to 5 etc. What your calling "foxtailing" is likely the beginning of veg growth.
I am calling "fox tailing" the new strands rising up from the existing buds. Please let me know if I am not using the term correctly or if that is what you meant may be the beginning of re-veg. I am going to take a better picture of the whole plant and another close up to see if that helps anyone make a suggestion.

S

sshortguy1

how can you revegetate with the auto flowers? from what I learned with them is to have 18 on 6 off the same as I have done in the 90s with HIDs before flowering

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

how can you revegetate with the auto flowers? from what I learned with them is to have 18 on 6 off the same as I have done in the 90s with HIDs before flowering
To my knowledge you can't with auto flowers. If he's growing autos I missed it.

Narsbars

Narsbars

This is a photo.

Ponky

Ponky

Reveg is best don't with larf and leaf. Solid buds will take more time. And may rot. 21 to 36 day range I'd expect to see new veg leaves

Narsbars

Narsbars

Reveg is best don't with larf and leaf. Solid buds will take more time. And may rot. 21 to 36 day range I'd expect to see new veg leaves
Adding a new pic. This is in a 5 gal. bucket. Jan 23, Reveg started 1-7-22 on a 16/8 schedule in a very fluffy soil mix.
Full plant

Ponky

Ponky

That's a lot of bud and matter to re veg. I'd let a dozen leaves stay. And only the tiniest buds. I would suggest harvesting more of the buds next time. Leave the good leaves. And a few larf buds.

Narsbars

Narsbars

You think I could/should trim off some or a lot of the bud? That wouldn't leave a lot of leaves for photo synthesis. Might do it as they look like they might still be worth saving even at 12 weeks.

Ponky

Ponky

You think I could/should trim off some or a lot of the bud? That wouldn't leave a lot of leaves for photo synthesis. Might do it as they look like they might still be worth saving even at 12 weeks.
Yeah I would. And any sickly leaves. Leave a bit of the small nugs.

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

Yeah, if it were me, i'd harvest more of that ripe bud but leave the leaves at internodes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom