Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Less than 10 years

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • More than 10 years

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
diamond2.0

diamond2.0

I'd like to say "logic will dictate the time " , but..................
as for the second question fortunately i dont read minds. lol. Still trying to figure out his body langauge.lol
Hope its sooner than later.

https://encrypted-tbn3.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXd1mgZ9WwAF3c0rJ8i22w0-N-biTpm6WVnfLm_U3wY0v4-sAWgA

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Do you think it will happen, will donald take it off the schedule?

He don't hold the power to Re-schedule anything, Only congress holds that power, (Dea may possibly hold the power to move things from 1 CS to another, but i don't think they can perm, Remove anything)

But no It won't be federally removed/re-scheduled anytime soon, We need to see at least 50% of the US states vote YES for recreational marijuana before feds will do anything..

Atm only a handful of states have legal recreational, we need more states to lead as examples of systems that WORK before the feds will do much.

We also need fucking TONS of money and lobbying behind the movement as theres going to be 10X as much against you.

States rights are ALOT easier to obtain / overturn then Federal rights.

Natural

Natural

Trump's gonna leave it up to the States. Depending on who gets appointed to DOJ..and DEA under them is going to dictate how feds operate within States. I'm with Dabbie..not the next 4 years for sure.
The best path is always forward though.

dreamofgreen

dreamofgreen

i'm almost positive that the president does have the power and authority to remove it from schedule of controlled substances. it was added by an executive order of Nixon, it could and should be removed by an executive order now. all he has to do is say there is a large enough body of MDs prescribing it for medical ailments and that proves it does not belong on schedule 1 and is therefore choosing to remove it all together.
it's extremely unlikely to happen, there's too much political pressure that would raise a firestorm about it. but it could. hope hope hope hope.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
i'm almost positive that the president does have the power and authority to remove it from schedule of controlled substances. it was added by an executive order of Nixon, it could and should be removed by an executive order now. all he has to do is say there is a large enough body of MDs prescribing it for medical ailments and that proves it does not belong on schedule 1 and is therefore choosing to remove it all together.
it's extremely unlikely to happen, there's too much political pressure that would raise a firestorm about it. but it could. hope hope hope hope.
The President does indeed have the power to declare and rescind a previous presidents EO's. If I am not mistaken.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Heres another angle to view EO's. They should be illegal as it gives the Prez a way to sidestep the "rule of law" and takes away the power of Congress to control the Executive Branch. But not much good comes out of Congress anymore so it is a mute issue.

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

Heres another angle to view EO's. They should be illegal as it gives the Prez a way to sidestep the "rule of law" and takes away the power of Congress to control the Executive Branch. But not much good comes out of Congress anymore so it is a mute issue.

That could change. Before the president and Congress were fighting each other. Now however the house the Senate and the presidency are all controlled by the Republicans. This means that other than some filibusters Democrats don't have a whole lot of say-so. Expecially after Trump adds a republican friendly judge to the Supreme Court giving them majority there

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
That could change. Before the president and Congress were fighting each other. Now however the house the Senate and the presidency are all controlled by the Republicans. This means that other than some filibusters Democrats don't have a whole lot of say-so. Expecially after Trump adds a republican friendly judge to the Supreme Court giving them majority there
It is going to be very interesting to see how this all plays out for sure.

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

I thought he wanted more privatized prisons. According to some, these are funded by mj arrests. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes away rec state's federal money, to force us back into prohibition.

I think we are past that tipping point. Public opinion has changed. The people who watched Reefer Madness growing up and have been in charge of our laws are almost gone/dead. The next generation of old people are our idealistic 60s/hippie generation. Should make for a different atmosphere

Natural

Natural

You're tripping..have you looked closely at the repubs in congress..most oppose medi..much less rec. even Rand Paul says leave it up to the states. This is what's killing me..people put too much faith in the system. If it was up to the people it would be a done deal. Keep your eye on the ball..people think Ron Paul won potus or sumthing. The hawks that hover around trump are all about increasing funds to the dea, heavy policing, and more prisons.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

I think we are past that tipping point. Public opinion has changed. The people who watched Reefer Madness growing up and have been in charge of our laws are almost gone/dead. The next generation of old people are our idealistic 60s/hippie generation. Should make for a different atmosphere
I hope you're right.

Have to think Trump will use some of that business sense, and see the tax dollars as an untapped resource.

SpiderK

SpiderK

i sure wish i could grow legally. tried getting license but failed in illinois.

but with the limited qualified patience today, at this point makes that a blessing in disguise as the up front cost for bidding for the license with greenhouse would have made it a loser from day one until today.

many of the states are opening up now. i think most people will continue using black market as prices cascade downward still and the state is charging 60$ 1/8th, oil 60$ for a pen that is so so and last a few days if a couple people are taking rip's .....

the real winner in the end is the consumer and that's it. the more states open up the price will just crater so doing it for profit like most businesses will have a tight profit margin and even more pressure limiting issues as you can't afford mistakes.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I thought he wanted more privatized prisons. According to some, these are funded by mj arrests. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes away rec state's federal money, to force us back into prohibition.
Once the heavy hitters and deep pockets get up and running, I predict that homegrown will again be illegal just like moonshine was after prohibition ended. The players will lobby the Hill to assure that not a cent of possible tax revenue gets missed. You will either get your meds from the black market, or you will succumb and buy your meds from the legal commercial interests and businesses that have the Feds blessings.

I know which way I am going. 35 years in and too old to change or buckle to the system. Fukk em all

dreamofgreen

dreamofgreen

well maybe the jesuits will drop a nuclear bukkake bomb on the white house and do us all a big salty favor.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

He don't hold the power to Re-schedule anything, Only congress holds that power, (Dea may possibly hold the power to move things from 1 CS to another, but i don't think they can perm, Remove anything)

But no It won't be federally removed/re-scheduled anytime soon, We need to see at least 50% of the US states vote YES for recreational marijuana before feds will do anything..

Atm only a handful of states have legal recreational, we need more states to lead as examples of systems that WORK before the feds will do much.

We also need fucking TONS of money and lobbying behind the movement as theres going to be 10X as much against you.

States rights are ALOT easier to obtain / overturn then Federal rights.

Actually he does hold the power being congress and senate as well as President are Republican .
but it will never change this way the Government has still full control.
They can or could at any minute shut it all down. And start raiding and throwing people back in jail

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Actually he does hold the power being congress and senate as well as President are Republican .
but it will never change this way the Government has still full control.
They can or could at any minute shut it all down. And start raiding and throwing people back in jail

Congress and Senate MAJORITY are Republicans, but that don't mean anything when you need 2/3's of both the house and senate to pass a bill, Bi-partisanship is the word...

And since the republicans did not gain 2/3's majority they can't rush anything thru the house, and they barely picked up more then 12? seats to over take the dem control of the senate, BUT again i point out the 2/3's rule, Senate republicans again do not hold the 2/3's majority to over ride the dems on any bill.

Welcome to an american standoff :D

Top Bottom