Votes: 4 36.4%
  • More than 10 years

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I dont think it will ever be federally legal. They wont know what to do with the amount of jobs lost without a drug war. It means people would actually have to build shit again on us soil.. with their hands. My economics professor told me this is the product of technology. As technology advances and displaces workers we get COs, feds and inmates. Prisons are an effective way to increase middle class jobs and profitable people placement.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I dont think it will ever be federally legal. They wont know what to do with the amount of jobs lost without a drug war. It means people would actually have to build shit again on us soil.. with their hands. My economics professor told me this is the product of technology. As technology advances and displaces workers we get COs, feds and inmates. Prisons are an effective way to increase middle class jobs and profitable people placement.

Problem with that logic is tho, The feds are actively trying to reduce the federal prison population, There cutting contracts with all the private prisons, releasing some non violent offenders early (obama thank you!) and moving them out of shit hole conditions of private prisons into federal pens, Which cost money which we don't have which is why this is happening in the first place, Its no longer economically feasible to imprison the population.

The cost per inmate per year is something like 30k dollars or so.. Hemorrhaging money!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Problem with that logic is tho, The feds are actively trying to reduce the federal prison population, There cutting contracts with all the private prisons, releasing some non violent offenders early (obama thank you!) and moving them out of shit hole conditions of private prisons into federal pens, Which cost money which we don't have which is why this is happening in the first place, Its no longer economically feasible to imprison the population.

The cost per inmate per year is something like 30k dollars or so.. Hemorrhaging money!
Unless we bring back production jobs i just dont see where the service jobs will go.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

The only downside to that LD is while the Feds are making moves to stop using privatized prisons, the same cannot be said at the state level. Privatization of the prisons at state level is still in full swing. Just got done reading a article about it. Will try to locate and post it up.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
The only downside to that LD is while the Feds are making moves to stop using privatized prisons, the same cannot be said at the state level. Privatization of the prisons at state level is still in full swing. Just got done reading a article about it. Will try to locate and post it up.

Thats always going to be a problem, and the only solution to that is grass roots movements to change the laws in your states, We know if people come together change can happen, Its just about finding enough people who want the same thing you do.

A local county nor far from me had an initiative to expand its current jail from something like 24? beds to like 80+ beds, However VOTERS rejected that amendment ;) Starts local!

Prison privation is a bubble, It will burst like all bubbles do, I would be interested to read the article tho because not long ago there was a show either on vice, or netflix that was showing ALOT of brand new built but EMPTY private prisons in various states, I'm not sure how old it was tho..

S

SHIRDABZALOT

.One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the UN. (The single convention 1961 or something ) We are under treaty with them. In case you didn't know....those dudes run shit. "Peace keepers" lol

velocity

velocity

I do not think it will ever be fed legal, just left to the states.
Let me see hmmm why not fed?

Tax codes

Workers comp laws

Schedule 2 at the minimum

Government having to admitt the drug was classified with no factual supporting science

Pharma companys

Medical community accepting a plant VS a specific adminstered synthetic dose is correct. Remember people if its not made by pharma in a controlled dose it is discounted as useless. Here in the states herbal is laughed at and not credited.

The list goes on and on and on. I dont think the feds will legalize it at all.

Hell just look a the shit stain the states have to deal with in of itself. Do you allow anyone to grow it and sell it to the public when there is no way of documenting what the plant has been exposed to. How many times have we heard about cides, mold, spider mites ect in buds because the greedy people refuse to destroy a crop, rather kick tainted crap out what ever it is? This is why the states are going commercial so they can track, test, and manage the crop and also hold those accountable if the standards are not met. You can force testing granted, but then how do you control all this undocumented money in the hands of the masses. Tax's and death 2 things you are promised in life everything else is up to you.

It would be nice if we could grow and sell like a fruit crop for instance. But the public as a whole wants assurance that it is being grown responibly and ethically. Not a hydro VS organics shot at all. Just taking a shot at those that don't care about anything but pumping shitty ass buds out for what ever reason because there is no control of the market.

Figure a way to make everyone happy and regulate the market then you will gain fed legal status. I am in my early 40's. I honestly never ever thought in my life would there be a legal instance for marijuana anywhere. Progress is being made but until someone can figure out how to reverse every detail that has been in place since nixon it will never be legal.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
.One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the UN. (The single convention 1961 or something ) We are under treaty with them. In case you didn't know....those dudes run shit. "Peace keepers" lol

Fuck international treatys who's going to enforce the actions against us? We are the enforces we don't get enforced ;)

S

SHIRDABZALOT

Who's going to enforce them? The titans of earth known as the elite or globalists that make up the very corporations that control our every facet of life. These cabals dictate what you (the masses) wear, listen to, eat etc. I'm sure we would all be very surprised to find out how much foreign entities and governments control our powers that be with bribes and favors. Think Saudi Arabia for starts......and let's not forget Israel.....we bow to there every whim. You really think that Israel doesn't have political power over us?? We're their bitches and fight all their wars by proxy and protect them. So something to digest.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Best case with Trump: Status quo, feds keep ignoring rec and med for the most part.

Worst case: Stop and frisk becomes normalized by police throughout the country, the cops become even more militarized, The Attorney General ends up being Chris Christie who vowed to enforce federal regulations, check points on roads every 10 miles looking for illegal immigrants and bust you for some bud....and the list could go on and on. Let's just hope this isn't the case, but wouldn't we all feel safer?

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Best case with Trump: Status quo, feds keep ignoring rec and med for the most part.

Worst case: Stop and frisk becomes normalized by police throughout the country, the cops become even more militarized, The Attorney General ends up being Chris Christie who vowed to enforce federal regulations, check points on roads every 10 miles looking for illegal immigrants and bust you for some bud....and the list could go on and on. Let's just hope this isn't the case, but wouldn't we all feel safer?
IMG 3290

Neter Sentra

Neter Sentra

How many states have the majority of the population of a state sign petitions for legalization, only to be turned down by conservatard rulers of the world....Jesus don't be likin that darn weed....so no. Ain't no dah gone medical benefits and screw the dawg gone majority, I'm powered by Christ. The south....oh scuse me Christ will rise again.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Don't purchase legal weed. Support your local farmer remember he's tax free and got better weed then those politicians.

Neter Sentra

Neter Sentra

That's a bullshit awnser and you know it.....keep it underground and risk jail and losing your home and life....wtf...I'm losing my mind with shitheads on this board. Where did everyone go? I guess I missed out.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
The personal and private posession or use of any plant or plant based medicine should not be regulated by the government whatsoever. The government regulates for profit at the expense of the citizens health and mental well being.

Genesis 1:29 Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you;

“I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is an herb and a flower. God put it here. If He put it here and He wants it to grow, what gives the government the right to say that God is wrong?”

Willie Nelson

For most of the country growing cannabis is still against mans laws...

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

Trump is a business man, and the new CEO of this country. And it will go right to his head. If he stays true to his past (political promises are rarely kept), we can expect him to make some people mad. Maybe he'll reschedule and cripple the privatized prisons. Maybe he'll activate the national guard to help the DEA with arrests & seizures in all legal states. But, I doubt he'll do either. It will likely be left up to the States, counties & municipalities, at least through the next election. If they try stop & frisk, or militarized police action, we'll see a new civil rights movement. I doubt the American people will take that. He may get away with building a wall, though.
As far as who's running the rest of our government? Puppets for hire. Every one of them has a hand in someone else's pocket, and they're tied to some mysterious man behind the curtain, in too many ways. Usually, their mouths are moving, but their words dont match their actions. They are over paid above the table, not to mention what all's going on under the table. That's when they are not on vacation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom