how make hash/get the resin from the plantmaterial-problem is everything is already grinded to a fine powder.

• Thread starter mannitu68
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mannitu68

hello guys,
im stuck here with a fine powder. I know its not how hash is supposed to be made, i saw when people rubbed this stuff over fine mesh, the pieces were still very large and so the resin fell through. I tried another experiment, i put all my sugar leaves and tiny buds into a grinder, after they were completly dried out and made a fine powder. I was thinking, if i vibrate that glas of powder now, over time the resin will fall to the ground of the glas, because it has a higher density than leaves. Just like metal marbels would land on the bottom, if you mix them with pies. But it didnt really work out. I put it on the finest mesh i got, which is very fine, but only 20% of the stuff stays on the mesh, the rest falls through and looks basically the same as id did before, no separation whatsoever. Whats the way to separate them now?

i looked through my usb-mikroscope and it looks like the resin is still firmly attached to plant material. there are no free resin pieces to see.

the mesh i used, i tried to count, looks like it is app. 15 cells/cm, or 0.7mm fine

How make hashget the resin from the plantmaterial problem is everything is already grinded to
Last edited:
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

hello guys,
im stuck here with a fine powder. I know its not how hash is supposed to be made, i saw when people rubbed this stuff over fine mesh, the pieces were still very large and so the resin fell through. I tried another experiment, i put all my sugar leaves and tiny buds into a grinder, after they were completly dried out and made a fine powder. I was thinking, if i vibrate that glas of powder now, over time the resin will fall to the ground of the glas, because it has a higher density than leaves. Just like metal marbels would land on the bottom, if you mix them with pies. But it didnt really work out. I put it on the finest mesh i got, which is very fine, but only 20% of the stuff stays on the mesh, the rest falls through and basically the same as id did before. Whats the way to separate them now?
I use dry ice and bubble bags when i make hash. Might help you out in this situation.

M

mannitu68

hm..im not gonna throw it away. Its good stuff, most of it flowers, rest suagr leaves, no fanleaves, stems etc. Its 80g, so if only 10% of that is resin id be happy. Id prefer a method without use of water if thats possible.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

hm..im not gonna throw it away. Its good stuff, most of it flowers, rest suagr leaves, no fanleaves, stems etc. Its 80g, so if only 10% of that is resin id be happy. Id prefer a method without use of water if thats possible.
Dry ice and a 25 micron bubble bag. Or get a press and just make rosin from it.

Blastfact

Blastfact

Did you do any research on this project before you ground your weed to dust and increased the difficulty by 50% and dropped the quality of the end product by 25%? I would just smoke it how it is now. Hash bags and dry ice are pretty worthless now. Short of proper filters, vacuum, carbon and de filtration. I wouldn't even run that stuff.

M

MasterCookie

You can extract it into oils/ alcohol to make excellent edibles. That fine powder will be excellent for infusion. Nice potent snacks in the end.

M

MasterCookie

hello guys,
im stuck here with a fine powder. I know its not how hash is supposed to be made, i saw when people rubbed this stuff over fine mesh, the pieces were still very large and so the resin fell through. I tried another experiment, i put all my sugar leaves and tiny buds into a grinder, after they were completly dried out and made a fine powder. I was thinking, if i vibrate that glas of powder now, over time the resin will fall to the ground of the glas, because it has a higher density than leaves. Just like metal marbels would land on the bottom, if you mix them with pies. But it didnt really work out. I put it on the finest mesh i got, which is very fine, but only 20% of the stuff stays on the mesh, the rest falls through and looks basically the same as id did before, no separation whatsoever. Whats the way to separate them now?

i looked through my usb-mikroscope and it looks like the resin is still firmly attached to plant material. there are no free resin pieces to see.

the mesh i used, i tried to count, looks like it is app. 15 cells/cm, or 0.7mm fine
.7mm is to large of a mesh size.. get a 180 micron, a 120 micron and a 75 micron meshes.. and start shifting from 180 down to 75.. .7mm is 700 micron.. much to large.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Def not throw away - if it was mine I’d press it first I use a dab press - then I would wash my used pucks and make oil - literally nothing left but plant matter all the good will get used.

M

mannitu68

no i didnt do any research :)
i tried to use common sense but i fucked up.
Yes, my 0,7mm mesh isnt fine at all, i could see that now after inspecting Mesh sizes on wiki. Ive ordered a 50 micron and a 75 micron mesh for now. These bubble-bags are way too large for the tiny amount i have.

Now, because the mesh i used wasnt that fine at all, is there still a chance i might have success with freezer/fine mesh?

Thing is i really would like a solid, pressed hash and not an oil. Also im not a big friend of edibles.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

no i didnt do any research :)
i tried to use common sense but i fucked up.
Yes, my 0,7mm mesh isnt fine at all, i could see that now after inspecting Mesh sizes on wiki. Ive ordered a 50 micron and a 75 micron mesh for now. These bubble-bags are way too large for the tiny amount i have.

Now, because the mesh i used wasnt that fine at all, is there still a chance i might have success with freezer/fine mesh?

Thing is i really would like a solid, pressed hash and not an oil. Also im not a big friend of edibles.

you'll also need a 110µ to sort out unwanted plant material. 75µ and 45µ will sort different hash quality

freezeland2

freezeland2

what did you mean with "static charge Cd case?"
Wrap the cd or dvd case In parchment paper. Hold at an angle and drag it across the kief & dry sift screen. Contaminate will stick to the parchment on the leading side and resin heads will collect on the following side. Watch @GNick55 vids or search YouTube for the technique.

Latest posts

Top Bottom