How many 1000 watt lights?

• Thread starter legendary
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

legendary

How many 1000 watt lights do i need for 12 plants room size 10' x 15' ?

Luke Harrison

Luke Harrison

the ruel of thumb is 50watts per sq foot of grow room. so 10 x 15 150 sq ft. Times 50 per sq ft comes out to 7500watts. but there are variables on this also like room color and such. Like i said this is ball park.

waayne

waayne

I would use no fewer than 8.
JK's right on you need at least 50 watts per sq. ft.
70 watts per sq. ft. is what I would go for......

L

legendary

Thanks for the advice i will be using reflective film on the walls and using 1-1000 watt fixture per 4 plants would you decrease the room size? I really don`t want to add more lights due cost and energy use. How would you set this up. Thanks again

This is what i have so far plus meters controllers etc

3- Galaxy multi tap ballasts 400-600-1000+ turbo
3- Hortilux Blue (Daylight) Super Metal Halide Bulb, 1000W
3- xxxl BIG KAHUNA REFLECTOR

L

legendary

The system i will be using is a aeroponic/NFT system using a controller with automatic water changes 16 gallon sump with 60 gallon reserve barrel for once a week water changes also have a 200 gallon a day reverse osmosis system used for all my water needs. also have a High pressure pump 150 PSI and will be using 8x8 square pvc tubing with 15 50 micron foggers on timers. Pvc tubing is 10 feet long will be using 3" netted pots spaced to allow growth and at least 2 feet before drain to prevent roots stopping drain. I have done indoor grows but been a few years say 30 so back then there was nothing and it was illegal now have my card and time to retire. :harvest:

Latest posts

Top Bottom