How Many Gavita 750s Can I Put In A 24x10 With 8ft Ceiling?

• Thread starter wizard72
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wizard72

I have a basement that I want to build a sealed room. Dims are 24x10 with 8ft ceiling, how many gavitas 750s and how would you configure them?

M

MarcoTC

You can contact Gavita support. They will help you with a light plan.
The trick is to calculate the overlaps and get an even 900-1100 umol m-2 s-1 everywhere. Including close to your walls.
Your height is going to be an issue though.
Also have a look at the new Nanolux DE fixtures. Haven't tried them yet but it looks like you can hang them a bit closer to your ceiling. And they're cheaper.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

- - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - -
Each row is like 2' from the wall and about 6.5-7' apart in the middle,i have the exact specs from gavita somewhere.My room only has 8 fixtures 4 on each side and its half the size of his so im just doubling my lighting plan for his room,im sure its pretty close.

Natural

Natural

Damn that's tight. That's gotta be a freakin bright ass room. So, the biggest part of the footprint comes from the sides?..making a rectangle? So..put the sockets end to end on the long rows?
That's like saying these have over a 5' spread on the sides and end to end 3-4?

Last edited:
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Yeah i think thats right natural,i can try and post the lighting plan gavita did.Gavita lights rooms,the whole room,not just an area under the light like were used to doing.I dont even think they will talk to you about just lighting an area/tray/bed directly under the light,only the whole room which is kind of opposite of what weve all been doing forever.I used to think lighting a 4x8 tray with 2-1ks gave me 62.5watts per sq ft but according to gavita it was probably half that due to losses to walls,dark spots etc,now i only have 47 watts per sq ft but its WAY brighter.

Last edited:
One Flip

One Flip

Hey FW.. How long did gavita take to respond? I sent them my dimensions early today.. GH can ship tomorrow.. I guess they were delayed a day.. My room is 13 x 24.. I was going to stick with 15.. 5 rows of 3 (thats what i currently run) I imagine gavita is going to come back with 24 ;). Why not.. Cram them all in there!

One Flip

One Flip

Thanks Marco. for some reason it wouldn't let me view.. but thanks for posting..i am curious on what they recommend between fixtures and rows.. either way.. i have to stick with the same amount of lights due to available amps.. but it would be good info to have for designing other rooms..

Growers House just got their order in today.. I got my Gavi's on the way:)

M

MarcoTC

Congratulations. I'm sure you'll like them.
I love my Gavitas since day 1.
It wouldn't let me attach the file as .xlsx spreadsheet therefore I had to .zip it.
Basically, the light plan Gavita will help you with is to get a more or less equal 1000 umol per square meter spread. Because the light setup is ideal when overlapping, the difficulties are at the walls.
Hanging the lights closer to your (highly reflective) walls will compensate this. Hanging them 3-4ft above your canopy helps to get better overlaps as well.
It's kinda difficult to explain because it's such a different of way of thinking. If Gavita comes back with their light plan, you'll see it makes sense.

A

AlterEgo860

4x4 foot prints with the 750... 5x5 with the 1000.. and if ur really desperate a 600 can cover 4x4 just fine...

double ended bulbs cover a little more area then a normal bulb... and they seem to up the yields also.

we are upgrading our entire room.. after we harvest the next run..

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

fwiw.

I just completed a 6 light room with 750 Gavi's over 24 in 5 gallons. 16 x 12 x 7 room and a 2 ton window shaker set at 70 keeps the canopy 76 accordingly to the EL2. The 2 ton is plenty.

When set @ 115% they are decently warm.

I want to upgrade to 750's after the next run, my room is similar to urs 10x15x7.5 or so do you have ur light strapped to the ceiling?

-lurkin

M

MarcoTC

Maybe it's worth considering the Nanolux DE fixtures. I don't have experience with them but they look more 'flat' so they can be mounted closer to the ceiling. They look the same as the Gavitas but a lot cheaper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom