How Many Gavita 750s Can I Put In A 24x10 With 8ft Ceiling?

• Thread starter wizard72
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
deacon1503

deacon1503

I want to upgrade to 750's after the next run, my room is similar to urs 10x15x7.5 or so do you have ur light strapped to the ceiling?

-lurkin

Basically. Eye hooks in the ceiling then 3" carabiner'a then gavitas.

Maybe it's worth considering the Nanolux DE fixtures. I don't have experience with them but they look more 'flat' so they can be mounted closer to the ceiling. They look the same as the Gavitas but a lot cheaper.

I've seen these in person, they're definitely not as tall as the gavitas.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Maybe it's worth considering the Nanolux DE fixtures. I don't have experience with them but they look more 'flat' so they can be mounted closer to the ceiling. They look the same as the Gavitas but a lot cheaper.

What's "a lot cheaper"?

-lurkin

M

MarcoTC

I see the 1000's listed for $380.
However, I now see that they hook up to 240. Like the early Gavitas. I assume they will come with 120's later.

Stalks

Stalks

Are people hitting 1.5-1.75 per light with the 750 maybe even 2?
Or am I just really stoned?

sixstring

sixstring

True. But I understand that these can be controlled remotely over Wifi.

one problem/thing I keep thinking about with wifi or net controls would be power failures and losing the ip address for the wifi controller.i lose my abilities to view my security cameras via my phone every time my power goes down because the wifi router goes offline and when it comes back online it uses a new ip address.you can pay to have a dedicated ip addy but where im at its like 70 bucks a month.so I wonder if nanolux has a work around for that?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Being in a remote location would be an issue..

Can we all be honest though - is that controller REALLY necessary? Don't get me wrong, it's really fucking cool but that piece of equipment should not be your deciding factor.

I doubt nano has gotten that technical yet, their lighting controller is still too new. @sixstring

deacon1503

deacon1503

Can we all be honest though - is that controller REALLY necessary? Don't get me wrong, it's really fucking cool but that piece of equipment should not be your deciding factor.

Not at all. It's a just a nice tool for the garden to improve efficiency, but it's really nothing a good gardener couldnt live without.

With that said, I will always install an EL1/2 with Gavitas.

sixstring

sixstring

I thought about this already, I mean would you really want to keep changing parameters without being in the grow room to see how the plants look? Prolly not lol, I set my el2 on day 1 and a week later I bumped the power to 800w and tweaked some numbers with the sunrise/sunset and I aint touched it since .

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Not at all. It's a just a nice tool for the garden to improve efficiency, but it's really nothing a good gardener couldnt live without.

With that said, I will always install an EL1/2 with Gavitas.
I thought about this already, I mean would you really want to keep changing parameters without being in the grow room to see how the plants look? Prolly not lol, I set my el2 on day 1 and a week later I bumped the power to 800w and tweaked some numbers with the sunrise/sunset and I aint touched it since .
lol, I'm not going to lie, that controller is sweet. I was sent one to play with a few weeks ago and was amazed how easy they are to setup. Have to say my favorite feature is the automated dim feature based off temperature set points.

Six, there is a fine line between automation and actually doing the work yourself but the way I look at it is, once automation is in place you can spend ALL your time with the plant not the res, A/C, Dehumidifier, fans etc etc..

sixstring

sixstring

Yeah man im 300 miles from my grow now and knowing that auto dim set at 80f will take care of my girls is nice.plus I can look at my house and in my grow, my ladies are dandy lol.i just dont think the wifi controller is a deciding factor for me because I already have the el2.plus my helper would be blowin my phone up if there was a problem :)

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

I have a basement that I want to build a sealed room. Dims are 24x10 with 8ft ceiling, how many gavitas 750s and how would you configure them?

i would rock 10 fixtures. 5 on both sides with a 2 ft walk way down the middle and it will also leave u 2 ft of room at both ends of your rows; or 4 ft at one end (for equipment and what not). Gavita would recommend 15-18 fixtures but their way of mapping a room relates to "lighting the whole room" << this can make it difficult to do and leave enough room to work around. Much luck with what you decide, just make sure your have the capability of keeping a dialed enviro. you can have the best lights in the world, but if your enviro isnt managable, then your plants will never grow to their full potential, if at all..
Sküna

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

After toying with a build layout. 750's on 6' centers worked out tits. So with this said, a total of 8 fixtures would be solid for this room. This might be more efficient with overall power consumption and would demand about 6-8k btu's less of AC as well. Which is critical due to height limitations. Sküna

Latest posts

Top Bottom