how many gph?

• Thread starter Jimmy Smash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jimmy Smash

hi all,

does anybody use a submersible pump attached to a watering wand set up? i want to get one because hand watering is making my arthritis in my shoulder worse. how many gph s do i need to have a good strapy? do the breaker heads on the wands airrate the water well enough, so i do not need to bubble the water at all? who makes the best wand out there? i kinda like the ones they sell at wal mart, they go for 8 bucks. thanks for any ideas?

JS

M

mj1234

I have a 300gph pump on a 5 ft hose. I bought a shower head type wand at HD that was about 30". Nothing but a stream of low pressure h2o came out. No arreated shower like I was hoping for. My guess, 500gph? Unless my pump is dieing?

MJ

K

kamdavs

It all depends on how for the water has to travel.on I've used as low as 900 gph at 50 feet away and it had a good amount of flow. Also you will need to get the pvc to hose fitting to make the pump screw into the hose properly, they sell them at Home Depot for a buck or so.

J

Jimmy Smash

thanks for the input guys, i 900 is answer. anybody ever use the harbor freight pumps?

JS

St3ve

St3ve

another thing to remember to is where the pump is going to be in regards to the wand. The smaller submersible pumps slow down pretty fast with more head pressure.

J

Jimmy Smash

maybe from the trash can full of water to like 5 foot hose to wand, i gonna get a 1/2 hp pump from harbor freight. its cost like 35 bucks, i will let you guys know how it works out. and thanks for the help.

JS

Top Bottom