How many of you...

• Thread starter highroller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
...stick with nutes for veg well into the flowering cycle? I've been doing this more and more and have been having better results with it. Seems like I'm always running short of N too soon, having plants go yellow prematurely (like the 4-5 week of flower). I have been running the veg nutes at a reduced rate along with pk 13/14 or another bloom booster before switching to bloom formula around week 5. Seems to work better...the plants stay greener longer, produce bigger buds, then start coloring up week 6-7. Then, with a good flush, at harvest time they look the way a dying plant should look.
What you all think?:icon_cookie:

J

jdubz206

the first one or two waterings (usually 1-2 weeks) in flower, i feed veg nutes..then i switch to flower nutes after that..i usually transplant about a week or two before flower into fresh soil so there is N still left in the soil...before i fed veg nutes those first two waterings i would have the same problem with yellowing 4 or so weeks into flowering...

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I know what ya mean by running out of N to soon, Seems this GH 3 part series has this transitioning mix ratio just for that. Thats what I have going on at least being I just went to flower a few days ago. Also I am doing flood and drain method vs Soil, but its nice to see you experience the same in soil.. Not just my end lol

dj.scotfree

dj.scotfree

yea...me too... I don't consider flowering the day of 12/12...it's when they show flowers... veg nutez into flowering is cool in my book!

I

ismokepot

I absolutely agree with you highroll.......First 2-3 weeks flowering I stick with the veg nutes, then week 4-5 I go 50%/50% with veg/flower. Then flower only, increasing fert. rates slowly during weeks 6-7 (and maybe week 8 depending on how long they will take). Then load up with r.o. water flush and molasses til completion.

hubcap

hubcap

nitrogen, here, is administered up to, and including, the 2nd or 3rd week of flower.
strain/phenotype dependant.

sativas tend to need less N, ime.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
thanks for your experiences folks....glad to hear your thoughts on it. ismokepot, your regimen is similar to what I've been doing. I don't make that switch to flower nutes until those buds are firmly set and stretching has stopped. Even then it is a gradual transition. I'm tired of loosing leaf mass before the flowers have had ample time to fill out. The trick is figuring the rates specific to each strain as too much N will give you some retarded bud growth. One disadvantage to running several strains at once. Notes for each are necessary as keeping each strain's requirements in your head can lead to disappointing performance. I'm good with several strains now, but new ones take a couple runs to get straight. I'm trying to shorten the learning curve a bit.....

hubcap

hubcap

what strains ya runnin highroller and whats expected finishing times?

F

FastForward

Same here....flower nutes when they show flowers, not from 12/12.....veg juice until then....

J

Jalisco Kid

If you like that line of thinking you should look at House & Garden nutes. It did not work for me as I grow sats mainly. Some OG's I hear like N going weeks into flowering. Suerte JK

P

ProGroWannabe

I run straight veg nutes just like I never flipped em for a week and a half or so, then begin the transition to all flower nutes. The plants will tell ya when they want what, but ya have to really be watchin em to pick up on it.

For most of the strains I've ran, I notice an increase in pistil production and that's when I know "it's on!" So I begin the transition to flower nutes. I'm in coco and hydro now, so the soil guys will need to adjust faster once they start (perhaps). I'm feeding everyday now, so I can adjust their feed daily. My transition only takes a week and a half or so. Then it's straight flower nutes on a steady increase of P and K till week 6 or so. Then begin the flush.

YMMV and probably will.....

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
K...you're gonna have to clue me on YMMV PGW.
I totally feel you on the plants telling you what they want...I'm a big listener...I think what was starting to get me was the sheer number of strains running and not hearing all the different conversations so to speak. It was becoming a bit counterproductive...so I've scaled back on that a bit. Gettin 'er dialed in a bit better I am.

hubcap

hubcap

nice highroller.
we used to run like 16 different strains at a time. because we bore easily with the same stuff and, well, variety rules.

but, like you, we keep it manageable now.
its not hard to dial in 2 or 3 but 12 diff strains can def become counter-productive.

also, it seems to be the consensus to keep veg nutes going into the flowering cycles.
1-2 weeks seems to be the average........

good thread.

P

ProGroWannabe

hehehe higroller, YMMV is just short for "Your Mileage May Vary".

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Lol! Yeah, hubcap, I guess "many" is a relative term...I scaled back from over 40 strains to around 10. That is much more manageable. It also gives me more time for "special projects".
PGW, thanks man...I can't keep up with all these acronyms. They are acronyms aren't they?:icon_cookie:
Thanks all for sharing your personal experiences.

hubcap

hubcap

40?
damn dood

pick sumthin already!
lol

keep it rockin, roller.

we look forward to some centerfolds!

P

ProGroWannabe

Yes highroller, these abreviations would be acronyms, buddy. Cheers.

G

grizz

thats one reason I really like canna A & B, same mix through out veg and flower, just add pk or boost or whatever in those swelling weeks.

Solidopc

Solidopc

...stick with nutes for veg well into the flowering cycle? I've been doing this more and more and have been having better results with it. Seems like I'm always running short of N too soon, having plants go yellow prematurely (like the 4-5 week of flower). I have been running the veg nutes at a reduced rate along with pk 13/14 or another bloom booster before switching to bloom formula around week 5. Seems to work better...the plants stay greener longer, produce bigger buds, then start coloring up week 6-7. Then, with a good flush, at harvest time they look the way a dying plant should look.
What you all think?:icon_cookie:

I run my veg nutes all the way through with the bloom. The plants would be half dead if i didn't. The biobizz nutes i'm using are desgined to be used like this though. Not sure how it works with others. But allmost all my plants start yellowing after the stretch or during it and need extra N.

X

xxYIKESxx

I usually run my veg nute schedule 2 weeks into the 12/12 photoperiod. During that time the plant still needs an adequate amount of nitrogen while there transitioning and stretching a bit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom