how many plants can i grow with this led

• Thread starter reggashark420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
reggashark420

reggashark420

hi guys i am new to this forum can anyone please tell me how many plants I can grow in 10 lt pots under this full spectrum led lights I have two of these lights I am not sure what the wattage is also I was hoping you can look at the photos and help me out. on the back of the led it says 240x3w but I dont understand what that means please help thank you. hope everyone is ok and staying safe.

How many plants can i grow with this led
How many plants can i grow with this led 2
How many plants can i grow with this led 3
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You have 2 of those? It claims to be 720w, but I have my doubts. The old blurples (blue/red) just did not come close enough for growing cannabis. The two of them together will give a start to what you have in the picture, but I would immediately go light shopping.

Before you do;
Light choice is fighting words in many forums, and this one is no different, so what I'm going to tell you will help you cut through the hype.

LED technology has grown at an amazing speed. There are now companies making quality lights that are not name brand. The cheap light of today was the most advanced just a couple of years ago. Today, the tech is there and you can find decent lights cheap. Screw this brand or that brand. Get what you can afford and works, it might be a name brand. You want full spectrum white light, not blurple.

Last edited:
Madbud

Madbud

240 led’s rated 3w each, running full with both the veg and bloom switches on its drawing less than 100w from the outlet. Might cover two small plants each but significantly minimal light for a 4’x4’ area combined.

reggashark420

reggashark420

240 led’s rated 3w each, running full with both the veg and bloom switches on its drawing less than 100w from the outlet. Might cover two small plants each but significantly minimal light for a 4’x4’ area combined.
so what would happen if I grew ten plants under both would they grow? but yield less or would they die

Madbud

Madbud

so what would happen if I grew ten plants under both would they grow? but yield less or would they die
Ten plants or two plants, you get the same yield. Veg them for five or six weeks, flip to 12/12 lighting if they’re regs, cull the males and flower the best four.
Edit: maybe top once or not at all.

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

hi guys i am new to this forum can anyone please tell me how many plants I can grow in 10 lt pots under this full spectrum led lights I have two of these lights I am not sure what the wattage is also I was hoping you can look at the photos and help me out. on the back of the led it says 240x3w but I dont understand what that means please help thank you. hope everyone is ok and staying safe.
Why waste your time and effort with inferior light? You don’t have to break the bank but your current lights are not going to grow decent medicine.

Ponky

Ponky

You need a light if you want to grow smoke. That's not going to do it. 200 bucks and up.

reggashark420

reggashark420

so what would happen if I grew ten plants under both would they grow? but yield less or would they die I live somewhere in the middle east mate it's not easy to find those sort of lights and it's very illegal where I am. so what is the maximum under those lights I can grow including pot size
You need a light if you want to grow smoke. That's not going to do it. 200 bucks and up.
I have grow using them both before I grew 8 auto flowers find under them 4 under each light and they harvested good would it ot do the same for photoperiod strains
Why waste your time and effort with inferior light? You don’t have to break the bank but your current lights are not going to grow decent medicine.

Ponky

Ponky

Each LED is 3 watts max. And it's probably underdriven for safety. So it says you have 240 LEDs. Are your trying to grow several pounds? 10 big plants?

growsince79

growsince79

Probably one or two very small plants.

reggashark420

reggashark420

Each LED is 3 watts max. And it's probably underdriven for safety. So it says you have 240 LEDs. Are your trying to grow several pounds? 10 big plants?
no mate I would be happy with 12 to 15 ounces off the 10 of them I will also train them too

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I have a 600w 2 cycle viperspectra reflector, its in a 4x4 hydrocrunch, i can grow 2 med large plants with ease in 3 gal pots or 4 med small plants in 1.9 litre pots. This auto would not flower so cut cycle 13 weeks from sprout

20210808 053843
20210801 093921
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I live somewhere in the middle east mate it's not easy to find those sort of lights and it's very illegal where I am.
Ok, this we can fix. All you really need at this point is 3 big 150w regular light bulbs. No, they are not the best, but added to the lights you already have will make up for a lot. Hang them in there and cover the sides in cheap foil to reflect the light back at the plants.
This will give you time to find the correct light at a price and secure transaction.

Treecutter

Treecutter

I think the first thing you do before guessing at what you have, check to see how many watts your actually drawing from the wall.
Rule of thumb is 40 watts per square foot with led. Then your answer is how many plants you can fit in that square foot that your lights will cover.

As the above has stated, they are old tech. Led diods tend to loose efficiency over time too.

A free app for your phone to measure lux will get you in the ball park too as to how big of an area you can hit and how high your lights should be off the canvas.

Asking how many plants you can grow off of old tech lights in a forum is not ever going to get you in the ball park. What I put above will.

Top Bottom