How many plants in a 4x4 tent with 2 seperate lights One with 100w and the other with 200w ?

• Thread starter RickAlm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RickAlm

How many plants can i grow in a 4x4 tent with 2 separate lights, one of them is 100w and the other is 200w
How many plants can i realistically grow ?

Anthem

Anthem

How many plants can i grow in a 4x4 tent with 2 separate lights, one of them is 100w and the other is 200w
How many plants can i realistically grow ?
3 max at 3 square feet per plant you are at about 33 watts per square foot. That is about ideal if have a 7'11 tall tent. maybe mix it up if you have a lower tent height. Consider this.
Light needs say 6" from top of tent
Pot is about 16" tall
Space between plant and light about 16"
That leaves you about 42" for the plant after stretch. So to be safe you are going to want to flip the plant at about 22" in height max. Check all the numbers that is is generally about what you are looking at. This is based on an 80" tall tent!

Ph 007

Ph 007

Depends how long you veg I grow 4 maybe 5 in a 4x4 area just fill the ares , so 4 planr veg them till it fills the space or 5 and veg them less till the fill the space , the lights are gonna cover the area so just fill it more bud

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

3 max at 3 square feet per plant you are at about 33 watts per square foot. That is about ideal if have a 7'11 tall tent. maybe mix it up if you have a lower tent height. Consider this.
Light needs say 6" from top of tent
Pot is about 16" tall
Space between plant and light about 16"
That leaves you about 42" for the plant after stretch. So to be safe you are going to want to flip the plant at about 22" in height max. Check all the numbers that is is generally about what you are looking at. This is based on an 80" tall tent!
I'd also only grow 3, no more than 4. Sure, you can shoe-horn more in there but you'll have other issues due to crowding. To me, it's not worth the hassle.

@Anthem's math is pretty close to what I run ...

My tents are 80" tall and I flip at about 20"-24". Using 5 gallon pots, most plants end up roughly 3.5' to 4' tall. My air pots with their risers are 14". Regardless, you'll run out of room quick if you wait too long as 48-50" is pretty much all the height you have.

Depending on strains, you'll get 4 - 6 oz of hard bud using mid 30's wattage per square foot. So, 3 high yielding plants will give you approximately a pound per grow cycle.

I run my tents at about 35 watts per square foot when I use my quantum boards. You'll find most of us will run in the 33-35 watt per square foot ball park.

Top Bottom