How many plants should I have in room to get 5lbs per crop?

• Thread starter Catdaddy222
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Catdaddy222

Catdaddy222

I have a Flower Room that is 10 feet wide by 12 feet across with 10 foot ceilings. (Normal Size Bedroom) I have Four (4) Phantom 2 Double Ended 1,000 watt lights with a 25K Frigidaire Window Air Conditioner, 70 Pint Dehumidifier, CO2 set up. Nutrients I use is Canna Nutrients with Canna Coco. I also use Botanicare Cal Mag, & Power SI Veg & Bloom. I also trellis, top, fim, monster crop, lollipop, etc. I also have a 55 gallon automatic feeding system & I also have a drain system. I veg for about 8 weeks put them in around 3 feet high.

I have tried 15 Gallon Pots and now I’m in 7 Gallon Pots. I tried 5 Plants one per light & 1 in the center, I tried 9 Plants fill the room. Each time my yield is fluctuating.

I would like your guys opinion on how many plants should I be putting in my room to get a consistent 5lbs every time?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Try 5 plants in 10 g but tie them down or Super crop them to maximise your light footprints .

Harvard

Harvard

My room 6’ by 10’ with 2 1000 hps averaged around 6 lbs, 3 a light. I ran 4 plants under each with 1 in between for a total of 9. So I will go with 18 should get you 10-12 lbs. That was running a 10 week high yielding strain. 5 gallon fabric pots.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I have a Flower Room that is 10 feet wide by 12 feet across with 10 foot ceilings. (Normal Size Bedroom) I have Four (4) Phantom 2 Double Ended 1,000 watt lights with a 25K Frigidaire Window Air Conditioner, 70 Pint Dehumidifier, CO2 set up. Nutrients I use is Canna Nutrients with Canna Coco. I also use Botanicare Cal Mag, & Power SI Veg & Bloom. I also trellis, top, fim, monster crop, lollipop, etc. I also have a 55 gallon automatic feeding system & I also have a drain system. I veg for about 8 weeks put them in around 3 feet high.

I have tried 15 Gallon Pots and now I’m in 7 Gallon Pots. I tried 5 Plants one per light & 1 in the center, I tried 9 Plants fill the room. Each time my yield is fluctuating.

I would like your guys opinion on how many plants should I be putting in my room to get a consistent 5lbs every time?

That is going to be more strain dependent. There isn't a 1 fit answer. 4 lights for 5 lbs is overkill. Specially in the DE dept. 2 - SE 1k's w/ cheap bulbs and no gas I pulled 5.5 off GSC x ECSD with 17 plants in 1 gals off a 4 x8 vegged about 2 weeks. That strain just does it. Something I have ran a bunch in the same pots, w/ the same veg, in the same system. Better to stick with one thing and improve instead of changing thing up every time trying to get a different outcome. Keeping it the same and tuning it is where the yields will come from. Way easier to focus on the plants and eliminate variables.

sshz

sshz

Thanks Max, but stop talking about me behind my back. Lol

But, my initial comments are too big of pots, too long of veg, not enough plants and basically the entire operation is Not being run efficiently. Also, probably not the best strain to choose with the diesel genetics in there.

Catdaddy222

Catdaddy222

My room 6’ by 10’ with 2 1000 hps averaged around 6 lbs, 3 a light. I ran 4 plants under each with 1 in between for a total of 9. So I will go with 18 should get you 10-12 lbs. That was running a 10 week high yielding strain. 5 gallon fabric pots.
wou you happen to have pics of your plants under lights?

Catdaddy222

Catdaddy222

That is going to be more strain dependent. There isn't a 1 fit answer. 4 lights for 5 lbs is overkill. Specially in the DE dept. 2 - SE 1k's w/ cheap bulbs and no gas I pulled 5.5 off GSC x ECSD with 17 plants in 1 gals off a 4 x8 vegged about 2 weeks. That strain just does it. Something I have ran a bunch in the same pots, w/ the same veg, in the same system. Better to stick with one thing and improve instead of changing thing up every time trying to get a different outcome. Keeping it the same and tuning it is where the yields will come from. Way easier to focus on the plants and eliminate variables.
Pics of your set up would help me more.

Harvard

Harvard

wou you happen to have pics of your plants under lights?
Obviously they needed another month, I never took many pics until I bought LED’s.
3D5F54BE F47A 460D 90FB 4C2E37352CB1

bigslimdawg79

bigslimdawg79

Every plant grows different fit what you can into your space and then work out ways to make the plants yield as best as possible for the space.

bighempn

bighempn

hard to say with so many variables.... based on yield averages and basic math,
20 plants x 4 oz per plant= 80 oz/16= 5lbs

to give you an idea, here’s my last run with a heavy yielding fire og that did 11lbs on 4 lights with 32 plants in about the same size space you have. The pic with the pile on the table was only half the room.

E3E5C617 3FF4 4A50 8118 24A9E3EF8F5A
B427184D 4F0C 404A B2AE 9798F9624982
98B734AD AEFE 4CAE AA18 A628ED6FEBE4
Catdaddy222

Catdaddy222

Thank you everyone. I see most of you do a lot of little plant to reach your yield goal. I’m trying to do less plants not 24 to get 5lbs every crop. After listening to you all I think I have to go back up to either 10 gallon pots or 15 gallon pots & veg longer I’m in canna coco with canna nutrients. I’m thinking of trying 6 plants on 4 Phantom 1,000 watt Double Ended Lights in 15 gallon pots with a 8 week veg & trellis. Let me know if you guys think I should average 5 lbs a crop this way? I also am aware they say in coco don’t have to go over 10 gallon pots. See what you guys think....

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

That's certainly doable.

Just a bit over .5 grams / wt

Top Bottom