How many plants to grow

• Thread starter marc2341
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

marc2341

Could anyone offer me advice, I am new to growing & produced one low yield crop with 4 indica plants, i have a 1m x1m x 2m tent & have changed my lighting from a 600w hps light to a 300w Maxibright dimmable full spectrum Led lighting.
I would like some info on what would be the suitable amount of plants to grow in it for maximum yield.
I grow Blue Cheese indica, also would anyone recommend using the SOG method.
Many thanks

giotto420

giotto420

I would grow 4 bigger plants max and use techniques such as lolipopping, topping, LST and SCRoG to keep plants canopy even. You can try either that, or as you have suggested, the SoG technique instead (if you are not limited by law for the number of plants to grow).

If you choose the SCRoG version though, choosing same strain is preferred due to the same stretching amount.

M

marc2341

I would grow 4 bigger plants max and use techniques such as lolipopping, topping, LST and SCRoG to keep plants canopy even. You can try either that, or as you have suggested, the SoG technique instead (if you are not limited by law for the number of plants to grow).

If you choose the SCRoG version though, choosing same strain is preferred due to the same stretching amount.
Thank you, I am only growing blue cheese as it helps my daughter with her fibro myalgia
1 plant per 2 sq ft is a good rule to follow so 4 in your case
Thank you

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It all depends if your growing autos or photos. Auto can get away with lower light intensity so you nay be able to hang the light high enough to cover a 1m x 1m area under 18/6-24/0 light schedule.

If photoperiod id stick to a 3x3 and then it depends on the grow style. Anywhere from 1-9 plants can work. It just depends how your going to grow them

freezeland2

freezeland2

Could anyone offer me advice, I am new to growing & produced one low yield crop with 4 indica plants, i have a 1m x1m x 2m tent & have changed my lighting from a 600w hps light to a 300w Maxibright dimmable full spectrum Led lighting.
I would like some info on what would be the suitable amount of plants to grow in it for maximum yield.
Many thanks
This is two plants in a 3x3 so similar size. My light is a 300 watt full spectrum dimmable light. So this should give you some idea of what to expect. They are in 7g fabs. There is room for a third behind them but it would be just too crowded in my opinion. If they were in 3 g pots probably 3 plants, maybe 4 if all trained well.

BD6B3C94 4D7B 452A 861D 3EF9E6AB65D7
growsince79

growsince79

Many thanks
SOG works best with identical clones. 4 small plants topped once and flowered early might work.

M

marc2341

This is one plant in a 4x4. Topped twice fimmed once and scrogged. So it all depends on the method you use and what it is that you want from your plants.
Thank you for ur reply, I was thinking along the lines of your method with just the one for maximum yeild

tobh

tobh

Supporter
see my signature for a thread in a 4ftx4ft. six plants, harvested a little over 29 ounces last run. If you search for my other grow threads, you'll see the same tent ran with different methods, lighting, and plant counts. imo the one in my signature is the way to go for max yield and i'm starting a new run with full intentions on repeating that method. not for beginners, though, there's a lot of implicit knowledge required to do such a run. but, for max yield, it is bar none the best I've done in over two decades of growing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom