How many times can you top your plants

• Thread starter AussieOutdoor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AussieOutdoor

AussieOutdoor

I was just wondering if you can top as much as you want during veg or will too much cause damage or problems??? Just curious cheers

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
If your wanting to keep them low tip away to spread them out I do outdoor 5 to 7 times in veg without any problem

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Stop toppin two weeks before flower or you will make a ton of tiny buds. I have topped my plants over and over, and at the end topped like ten or twenty at tops at a time without a adverse effect.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
You can top as much as desired, as long as there is room for development of buds, I used to top much more than I do now. I feel like less is more sometimes when it comes to topping.

indoor I prefer to top 2, maybe 3 times, and use LST to shape.

Mr.G

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I was just wondering if you can top as much as you want during veg or will too much cause damage or problems??? Just curious cheers
Hundreds of times if you want but like ezenzyme says leave at least 2 weeks of growth before you flip them. I'm a topping nut but after a while it becomes useless because they get lost in undergrowth and you end up cutting them off anyways.
This is a Sweet Tooth I over topped.
and a Cherry Bomb I got right.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Lol it kinda tripped me out like I didn't think that would happen just with a leaf stem lol got me thinking of a new experiment now.. leaf clones! Lol probly won't be worth the time but will be interesting to see what happens I guess. I dunno if a leaf will root without the rest of the actual plant but I'l find out lol

mashy

mashy

Disclaimer: first grow beginner. I topped my plants at least five times and they responded well each time. I also used LST at the same time, just depended on the branch location in the canopy. Two things helped me; healthy vigorous plants before topping to speed recovery, and a long Oz growing season with plenty of time for recovery and new growth. I ended up having to prune out some of the new branches as per comments by @PipeCarver but happy with my canopy overall, and it helped keep the plants shorter for stealth.

jimihendrixsantana

jimihendrixsantana

what im wondering: can one increase strenght of Effect with heay prunning, or topping?

Please take the growing skills out Equation, i know its necessary , but can i increase the Effect?
Im growing THAI Lines in not exactly perfect Climate Outdoor. My hope is on prunning to increase the Sunpower-per-Leave .. Sustrenght is one of the big deficients at North.
My Goal is more trippy effects.

Top Bottom