How Many Tops Can A Plant Produce In A 2 Litre Soda Bottle?

• Thread starter Midnite Tokr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

This plant is a male, so it has been removed from the grow area. I'm curious to see just when it will peter out, and stop producing tops. Will it go on forever? Until all the tops choke each other out, or will it reach a set number, and stop? Will the tops be relative to container size? Because it already has 10 tops, and is 2 feet above soda bottle. Anyone experiment with this before?

How many tops can a plant produce in a 2 litre soda bottle
How many tops can a plant produce in a 2 litre soda bottle 2
Smerb

Smerb

This plant is a male, so it has been removed from the grow area. I'm curious to see just when it will peter out, and stop producing tops. Will it go on forever? Until all the tops choke each other out, or will it reach a set number, and stop? Will the tops be relative to container size? Because it already has 10 tops, and is 2 feet above soda bottle. Anyone experiment with this before?
Good questions... why are you trying to keep him? If your trying to collect pollen the tops won't matter. But the plant can produce 1 to 100 tops, if done properly. The container size doesn't matter in relation to tops. I do experiments all year with plants, not exactly what your describing but yes I've done a lot of topping, and pinching. One things for sure a big plant does like root space.

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

Good questions... why are you trying to keep him? If your trying to collect pollen the tops won't matter. But the plant can produce 1 to 100 tops, if done properly. The container size doesn't matter in relation to tops. I do experiments all year with plants, not exactly what your describing but yes I've done a lot of topping, and pinching. One things for sure a big plant does like root space.
Just as an experiment plant. I prefer to experiment on males, rather.than my ladies. That way if it goes bad, its a male being beaten up that idgas about. So when I have a male, I remove it from the ladies, and do experiments on them. I've been curious if you can stress a female plant to the point of hermaphratism, or becoming a male, is it possible to do that with a male, and if so, is a Hermie the best you'd get. I have 2 males to experiment on.

soserthc1

soserthc1

@Midnite Tokr interesting idea I personally would use a clone female for this experiment but none the less sounds interesting. Your issue will eventually be root space but it's possible to remove roots and add soil to the bottom

As far as tops I don't think there is a max a plant will produce
I think health issues will eventually derail your experiment but that's kind the reason I would choose a female plant. When your finished you can flower a plant with 1000 tops as apposed to pollinating the universe ...lol

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

@Midnite Tokr interesting idea I personally would use a clone female for this experiment but none the less sounds interesting. Your issue will eventually be root space but it's possible to remove roots and add soil to the bottom.

As far as tops I don't think there is a max a plant will produce
I think health issues will eventually derail your experiment but that's kind the reason I would choose a female plant. When your finished you can flower a plant with 1000 tops as apposed to pollinating the universe ...lol
That's what I was thinking as well, root prune and add dirt when root binding becomes an issue. Hahaha pollinate the universe, don't want that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom