How much abuse can roots take?

• Thread starter xxedgexx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

xxedgexx

I'm vegging in rockwool placed on top of some coco mat to help with algae. Problem is, the roots are growing into the coco mat, which is going to make things very difficult for transplanting, which I planned on doing very shortly.

First, is coco mat a good idea in the first place? It was suggested by the hydro guy.

I've lifted a few of the rockwool blocks up, breaking some of the roots that made their way into the coco mat. How bad is this? Am I going to shock my plants? Obviously it seems bad to disrupt the roots in any way, but I thought I'd see if there's any tolerance here so transplanting won't seem like I'm going to kill my plants or stunt their growth.

thanks

F

Frosty113

ugh, my heads kinda hurting atm so to answer the topic ? which you probably know already for optimum yields & potency not much at all but mother nature is a beast so it will survive even if you take it out and kick the root ball a few times assuming your using a hydro system. It will produce what most would call swagg & be stunted for a few weeks +

A

arpege

You can kill the plant if you rip off / damage the tap root when it is young.. Like said above plants can take a beating at the expense of time and final product. I have ripped roots in rockwool before.. I didnt notice any stunting...

U

udub

roots can take alot of abuse. My aero system pump broke one day, 24 hrs dry in 85 degrees equalled crispy roots. they bounced back in 8 days

Latest posts

Top Bottom