How much do you let your co2 levels fluctuate?

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Hey guys new indoor grower here who started enriching my environment with co2. How much do you let the levels fluctuate? I set mine at 1250 and it overshoots that by 100 so about 1350. It kicks back on once the levels hit 1100. Will it be more cost effective to make it kick on with only a small difference in the set parameter? Let’s say it’s set to 1250 and I set it to kick on when it goes down to 1225. I’ve searched around a bit to no avail. What methods do you guys use?

Anthem

Anthem

Hey guys new indoor grower here who started enriching my environment with co2. How much do you let the levels fluctuate? I set mine at 1250 and it overshoots that by 100 so about 1350. It kicks back on once the levels hit 1100. Will it be more cost effective to make it kick on with only a small difference in the set parameter? Let’s say it’s set to 1250 and I set it to kick on when it goes down to 1225. I’ve searched around a bit to no avail. What methods do you guys use?
Not sure of the controller you are using but most you can set the dead band to allow a larger or smaller spread. It is not that super critical that you have it at an exact amount all the time in my experience.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Like @Anthem I also my deadband. But also the flow rate as this will allow for time of air mixing and sensor reading. I use a deaband of 200 so 100 below setpoint it kicks on. Of you are finding you have a large over shoot just reduce the flow if using a tank. If using a burner I'm not sure how you can adjust but probably can reduce the gas flow also.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

How big is your grow? I wonder because anything smaller than a 10 x 10 won't, or shouldn't need CO2.
It's my understanding that in 10 minutes we breathe out enough to take care of a room 10 x 10.
I call it the triple 10 rule.
Anyone disagree?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How big is your grow? I wonder because anything smaller than a 10 x 10 won't, or shouldn't need CO2.
It's my understanding that in 10 minutes we breathe out enough to take care of a room 10 x 10.
Anyone disagree?
Yes I have a 10x7 sealed grow room and it will rip co2 levels down from 2500ppm over night to kicking co2 on set at 600ppm in less than 30 min with decent size plants.

Anthem

Anthem

Anyone disagree?
Yes I disagree. You can be in the grow much longer an only raise the CO 2 a couple hundred points

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Anyone disagree?
It’s a small home grow. I know I’ve been told this by others but I like the added benefit I see from adding the co2 as I can totally see the difference In growth. My grow space is 2 by 8 1/2ft by 8 feet tall. Ambient levels read out to be around 6-700.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes I disagree. You can be in the grow much longer an only raise the CO 2 a couple hundred points
100% it all depends on the room size and the plants in it, if it's sealed or exchanged air. Without a way to measure you truly dont know.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Not sure of the controller you are using but most you can set the dead band to allow a larger or smaller spread. It is not that super critical that you have it at an exact amount all the time in my experience.
Inkbird co2 controller… ok that was the answer I was looking for bc I set the “deadband” to 150 so once it drops 150 points below 1250 it kicks back on. Thanks for the reply! I don’t mind it overshooting either I keep my flow meter just under 2. I could tighten it even more but I’m fine with levels between 1100-1400.

Latest posts

Top Bottom