How much is too much heat in a grow tent.

• Thread starter RealizedReal000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Is 84 degrees too hot in a grow tent? I have a 2x4 grow tent a 200cfm hurricane in-line fan with terrabloom 4 inch carbon filter being exhausted out side and two fans(one at the top and one at the bottom.) And both air vents open at bottom of tent. Also my average room temp is 72 with my central ac and lights out. My lights are two 150 watt covert ufo leds.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ya it’s a bit hot, you might be ok during veg, but that’ll be too hot in flower . you could try just leaving the door open, just make sure when it’s lights out that’s it’s dark there, no light.

growsince79

growsince79

ya it’s a bit hot, you might be ok during veg, but that’ll be too hot in flower . you could try just leaving the door open, just make sure when it’s lights out that’s it’s dark there, no light.
I've made lots of good buds @ 95+ back in the day. Try growing with a 1000w HPS in a single wide with no AC. LOL 84 ain't shit. Cooler is better especially if you want tighter buds, but potency is 95% genetic.

Anthem

Anthem

Is 84 degrees too hot in a grow tent? I have a 2x4 grow tent a 200cfm hurricane in-line fan with terrabloom 4 inch carbon filter being exhausted out side and two fans(one at the top and one at the bottom.) And both air vents open at bottom of tent. Also my average room temp is 72 with my central ac and lights out. My lights are two 150 watt covert ufo leds.
84 is ideal with LED's

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

I've made lots of good buds @ 95+ back in the day. Try growing with a 1000w HPS in a single wide with no AC. LOL 84 ain't shit. Cooler is better especially if you want tighter buds, but potency is 95% genetic.
I find this to be a good chart to reference when having certain temps. Gives an idea of the humidity that should follow said temp, and as well some strains like them hotter temps. Isnt their like a few strains from Mexico/South America area that grow in the 95+ ?

8C724A33 90A0 410F A1D3 F0D959550C1D
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Thanks for such a fast response guys. I’ll leave the tent open and get back with you guys.

growsince79

growsince79

I find this to be a good chart to reference when having certain temps. Gives an idea of the humidity that should follow said temp, and as well some strains like them hotter temps. Isnt their like a few strains from Mexico/South America area that grow in the 95+ ?
That chart is bullshit. Try flowering dense buds at 65-85% RH and let me know how much mold and disease you get? FAKE NEWS

growsince79

growsince79

Yeah have to go by leaf temps thise charts are specific to a single grow and anyone who uses em is likely up to 10% higher RH than needed.
I want my rh <50% in late flower should I drop the temp to 72?

Anthem

Anthem

Yeah I do about 65f lights off and 75f lights on.
The closer to 50 you can get the more color but it comes at weight IMO because the plant is not going to do as well in late flower if you drop the temperature. Always a trade off

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I used to grow using a 600w hps/metal halide hood in my closet and temps got really high(86-89.) Still grew some pretty good bud though. I decided to change my thermometer out and I guess I dropped that one too much and this new one says 76. Haha

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Well I had some more info to post to help out but since my last post is being called fake news.... I’m not gonna waste my time, have fun @Aqua Man you can answer all the questions 🙂

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Well I had some more info to post to help out but since my last post is being called fake news.... I’m not gonna waste my time, have fun @Aqua Man you can answer all the questions 🙂
no no do tell, we want to hear it now..

Top Bottom