How much light do you

• Thread starter mikkel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikkel

mikkel

How much light do you give in this stage? Im thinking 18hrs light, 6 hours dark. But i dont know if i need to change the light essential to the stage of the grow. (First time grower)

How much light do you
TSD

TSD

18/6... but if you have powerful leds be sure to dim or raise them up high, they can be too much for new seedlings.

TSD

TSD

A lot of people have different opinions about that. will it affect my plants in a bad way?
It can get too humid and cause damping off... I usually keep mine under a little homemade dome like that for a little while, like the first couple days, but I either put holes or prop up the bottom so they have fresh air.

mikkel

mikkel

It can get too humid and cause damping off... I usually keep mine under a little homemade dome like that for a little while, like the first couple days, but I either put holes or prop up the bottom so they have fresh air.
thanks!

Madmax

Madmax

To avoid the soil going dry i leave mine in a dark warm room till they show themselves.

Madmax

Madmax

Yeh but not till they are up.just a warm area..you dont have to of course its just my way to bring them up as it keeps the media damp so the light doesnt dry the top of the soil where the seed is.i just have better luck doing it that way..have for decades lol.i think its because im an outdoor grower. the sun can dry the topp soil pretty quickly so thats most likely why i do it the way i do 😃.

mikkel

mikkel

Yeh but not till they are up.just a warm area..you dont have to of course its just my way to bring them up as it keeps the media damp so the light doesnt dry the top of the soil where the seed is.i just have better luck doing it that way..have for decades lol.i think its because im an outdoor grower. the sun can dry the topp soil pretty quickly so thats most likely why i do it the way i do 😃.
Interesting! I’ll look into that

freezeland2

freezeland2

Intensity setting is just as important as duration. For seedlings 100 - 150 ppfd until you get true leafs. Then no more then 200 ppfd. You can go up from there once the plants take off and start vegetative phase in earnest.

Top Bottom