How much light for seedlings

• Thread starter Kingvega
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kingvega

Kingvega

Hello a all, I have a 2 plant rdwc in a 4x4x8 tent with 800w actual draw from the wall led lights, my question is, how close should the lights be to the seedlings and is that too much light, thanks in advance

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Read up about your light. Mine only uses 250 actual watts and says it needs to be 26" away from seedlings but idk about 800

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Every grow is different.
For about 10 years I have used a T5- 6 bulb 4 foot fixture. That's 324 watts.
I have it run 4 bulbs for new seedlings at 12" for a week. Then drop it down slowly to about 3" and pound them with light and nutes untill I transplant into there final home.
This gives me very compact , full growth.

This is how I do it.

Kingvega

Kingvega

Every grow is different.
I have it run 4 bulbs for new seedlings at 12" for a week. Then drop it down slowly to about 3" and pound them with light and nutes untill I transplant into there final home.

This is how I do it.
What would you do with my set up

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Every grow is different.

This is how I do it.
You have now motivated me to put my cob led 8 in. closer to my seedling xd. well its bigger than a seedling anyway

ru knuts

ru knuts

I use CFL's myself, seedlings and clones alike.
IMG 20200315 082253126 HDR

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

long story short is, lower your lights until the plants show stress, then raise them till it stops.

It seems we don't understand as much about how reseliant the babies are.

I have 100 watts of led lights within 6 inches from the moment they hatch till the moment they get moved. As long as I start with a dome, they have been fine.

Learn about this more before you murder your plants though.

ru knuts

ru knuts

I have led lights....any advice?
I have led's also, but I save them for veg and flowering. They're overkill for seedlings IMO. The life expectancy for my led's are 50k hours, I'd rather burn up cfl's and keep my expensive light for the business end of growing, veg and flowering.
But I'm sure you have your reason, no objections on my end.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
What would you do with my set up

I've only had experience with very low quality blurple Mars lights and it wasn't good.
They were the 300w type, I think 105 actual watts.
They had to to be almost 2 feet away.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

As many people would bash cfl or dollar store led bulbs.

they work out fine for popping seeds, clones....basically anything until a plant reaches 5-7 inches in height

You will want to put a real light on it than n keep lowering it unless it’s something big n needs lots of distance so it doesn’t roast em

Bardfoadmraj

Bardfoadmraj

Auto seedlings seem to like the SHPS bulb I use a 600W exclusively for the seedlings now at fifty percent 18 on with a kessil LED at 24 while some photoperiod might get triggered by it they don't. I will sprout one a week under the kessil with the SHPS for heat. Once I have them lined up they will sit under that light for a week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom