How Much Longer Before Going 12/12?

• Thread starter sbcomposet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sbcomposet

So this is in a grow tent. I'm not sure the exact measurements but it's about 6 feet high and probably about 3 feet by 3 feet.

I started these from feminized seeds 5 weeks ago today. These are Indica ladies. I used really great soil and haven't added nothing but water in these five weeks.

this is my third grow and I've never had a really good harvest so I'm hoping third time is the charm. I've been really trying to tuck all the leaves and branches down and keep it as flat as I can. They seem to love being misted several times a day.

They are under a 600-watt MH. when I switch to flowering I have a 600 watt HPS.

These ladies have been topped once. Appreciate any advice you all can give. Really curious on what you all think as far as remaining veg time.
How much longer before going 1212

Reactions: Ina
S

sbcomposet

I should add that these are currently at 29" measured from floor of tent to top of plants. I really don't want to start flowering too soon but if they're going to double in height and I have to leave room for the light...
...?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I'd prefer to let them go a little longer, but since they tend to grow another 6-12 inches during flowering, I'd think it safe to switch...but keep a record of how high they are now, so the next grow you will have a better idea of how much you can go before running out of room. Be careful of misting too much as it can cause mold and stuff if not enough air circulation. Any idea of your strain?

S

sbcomposet

So it's certainly time to start flowering for me. But I have a strange question. Since this is an outdoor tent grow, I'm wondering if I can get away with having my dark time in the tent be light time outside.

daytime temps here for the next several weeks will be in the low 70s during the day and low 50s at night. So I'm thinking if I have the lights on during the night that would keep the lady's warm. Having it off during the day would keep the temp a bit cooler.

I guess my concern is would it be dark enough in the grow tent to pull this off.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

So it's certainly time to start flowering for me. But I have a strange question. Since this is an outdoor tent grow, I'm wondering if I can get away with having my dark time in the tent be light time outside.

daytime temps here for the next several weeks will be in the low 70s during the day and low 50s at night. So I'm thinking if I have the lights on during the night that would keep the lady's warm. Having it off during the day would keep the temp a bit cooler.

I guess my concern is would it be dark enough in the grow tent to pull this off.
Only one way to find out...

S

sbcomposet

S

sbcomposet

I took two more clones so I now have 4 total for my next batch. I set the lights to come on from 7:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. . Fans are on from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. this should keep the ladies between 70 and 80 degrees daytime and about the same at night.

Flowering time has started! I'll post a picture update on Friday as usual.

G gnome

G gnome

Go inside ur tent in the daytime and see if theres any light shining in

S

sbcomposet

Dope. More pics please
Today is one week into flowering. I think my idea of lights on at night and off at day time is working out perfectly. The lights on at night keep the plants nice and warm in our 50 degree weather. In the daytime only the fans are going which keep things cool in our 80 degree day time weather. I think so far so good. More pics in one week.

DSC 0182
S

sbcomposet

DSC 0187
I took two more clones so I now have 4 total for my next batch. I set the lights to come on from 7:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. . Fans are on from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. this should keep the ladies between 70 and 80 degrees daytime and about the same at night.

Flowering time has started! I'll post a picture update on Friday as usual.
We s

DSC 0188
DSC 0189
Top Bottom