How much longer do they have?

• Thread starter Uitey336
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Uitey336

Uitey336

this is Gorilla Glue number 4 and I planted it November 1st 2020 how much longer do you think it needs before I can pull it. Thanks in advance

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

How long have they been under 12 light? Have you googled the conditions under which they will be done? (auto or photo period)? Have you scooped out the trichombes with a jewelers lens? What color development are they at?

were not wizards.

Uitey336

Uitey336

I consulted the writings of Weedstradamus. It says If thou must asketh strangers on the internet who are unable to examine trichs, it's not ready.
Love the quote. This is my first crop on my own, I've grown under my "mentor" if you will...and now its just me.

growsince79

growsince79

I consulted the writings of Weedstradamus. It says If thou must asketh strangers on the internet who are unable to examine trichs, it's not ready.
Beginners shouldn't use scopes. Scoping is only useful to experienced growere who know their strain. Every strain is different. What do yo do with a plant that's 30% amber and covered in new white pistils after 4 weeks? And what do you do with plants that don't turm amber until they're rotten? If you never grew a particular strain there is no way of knowing if you want 10% amber or 40% imo.

Nuggz420

Nuggz420

Best getting a jewelers loupe and having a look at your trichs little Google for some knowledge. Cut when your cloudy to Amber ratio suits your needs. If too confusing roughly 70-80% pistils brown ? Few ways about it we could never say when It could be ready without being there in person. Nuggz

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

View attachment 1092392
Beginners shouldn't use scopes. Scoping is only useful to experienced growere who know their strain. Every strain is different. What do yo do with a plant that's 30% amber and covered in new white pistils after 4 weeks? And what do you do with plants that don't turm amber until they're rotten? If you never grew a particular strain there is no way of knowing if you want 10% amber or 40% imo.
I agree... most beginners don't even know where on the plant to look at the trichomes. They ripen at all different rates across the plant. I've had phenos that show amber trichs on the sugar leaves after 5 weeks flower, while the trichs on the calyxes are still very clear...

I wouldn't consider myself a pro but I've been smoking since around 1976, growing since 89 and can tell a matured bud. Still to this day I don't really go by trichomes. More just...intuition. I can just tell when their ready to my liking.

I still peak at the trichomes with a loupe periodically but that's never really the deciding factor as to when to cull. Like you said its strain and pheno dependent and also up to personal preference. Some strains you let them go till they have 25% amber trichs and they will straight up knock you out. That's great for some, but I got shit to do! Left with more cloudy and clear trichs the same strain has a great euphoric up buzz. After saying all that I think most beginners jump the gun a chop too early. Patience is a virtue!

Uitey336

Uitey336

View attachment 1092392
I agree... most beginners don't even know where on the plant to look at the trichomes. They ripen at all different rates across the plant. I've had phenos that show amber trichs on the sugar leaves after 5 weeks flower, while the trichs on the calyxes are still very clear...

I wouldn't consider myself a pro but I've been smoking since around 1976, growing since 89 and can tell a matured bud. Still to this day I don't really go by trichomes. More just...intuition. I can just tell when their ready to my liking.

I still peak at the trichomes with a loupe periodically but that's never really the deciding factor as to when to cull. Like you said its strain and pheno dependent and also up to personal preference. Some strains you let them go till they have 25% amber trichs and they will straight up knock you out. That's great for some, but I got shit to do! Left with more cloudy and clear trichs the same strain has a great euphoric up buzz. After saying all that I think most beginners jump the gun a chop too early. Patience is a virtue!

2021 02 17 101555
2021 02 17 101511
2021 02 17 101610
2021 02 17 101616
Moshmen

Moshmen

This what g79 is talkin bout you have to look “inside” the bud not on sugar leaves - I see amber on sugar leaves that don’t count IMO . I still see lots of clear too Couple more weeks

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You're talking to a guy who gave his kids magnifying glasses and microscopes when they reached the age where they wouldn't put them in their mouths and choke to death on them. I believe newbies should use scopes. That's how people learn.

Moshmen

Moshmen

You're talking to a guy who gave his kids magnifying glasses and microscopes when they reached the age where they wouldn't put them in their mouths and choke to death on them. I believe newbies should use scopes. That's how people learn.
My bad I think your correct I just meant learning to use them correctly. I have 3 lol

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I see 3-14 days into harvest window.
plants look great tho grower. You got them to this point, obviously did some research👊

Mr.G

Top Bottom