How much longer will these buds take?

• Thread starter dyxx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dyxx

dyxx

Hello!
I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong category. I'm new here and it's my first time growing. And although I informed myself a lot about how to tell when to harvest -I know the theory- it's very hard for me to tell how ripe my buds are and how many more days or weeks I can expect. It's a northern lights auto plant and today starts week 14. I plan to harvest on the earlier- middle side of the harvest window. It's getting stressful for me because I didn't expect it to take so long and I'm going to get an operation in 2 weeks :') It must be finished before that...

IMG 20210615 224125
IMG 20210615 224055
What would you say?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You have some amber hairs (pistils) but the trichomes still look under sized and clear.
Maybe another 2 weeks. What is the temp you keep it at?
Maybe you can lower its temp to help it speed along. You will need a dehumidifier and a way to cool the plant to 60 at night and low 70's in the day. No more than 12 hours of light a day. I might cut it back to 10. I've seen some results recently that make me think it can help.
You have to keep the humidity low, around 40% I think, @Aqua Man, that sound about right you you?
All of this may not do what you need, it won't hurt and it 's likely to help.

What kind of light do you have?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'd say your cutting it close maybe close to done but won't be dried imo.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If you can get a really close up on the little white hairs, (trichomes) That is the way to decide when it's ready for you.
Many people think, and I agree, that the amount of amber is related to the amount of couch lock in the smoke.
I like to harvest when the trich's are all milky with as little amber as possible.
Many people let it go until everything turns amber. It's a personal preference.
The more amber, the more couch lock.
But trich's need to be milky first or the THC hasn't properly 'ripened' for lack of a better word.

Top Bottom