How much salt(Na) is okay?

• Thread starter PsillyRabbitOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

I see in the search the exact question is asked but read that thread and found no answer.Just people talking about filters.
I am having trouble finding out how much (Na) is "okay". It seems the answer is not zero from what I read a small amount of salt is actually optimal especially for seed production.
My meter tells me the amount of salt in % and total PPMs.Do I divid the % of salt into my total PPMs to figure out PPMs of salt?

Sodium Absorption Ratio (SAR)

Acceptable range is less than 10 mEq/L(mEq/l is short for milliequivalents per liter)

• Problematic range is 10.1 – 18 mEq/L
  • Severe problem range over 18 mEq/L

• Sodium
  • Naturally occurring from dissolved minerals, but Na also comes from road salt and fertilizer. Levels greater than 70 ppm can cause foliar damage (leaf burn).
  • Acceptable range is under 70 ppm
  • Problematic range is 70 to 200 ppm
  • Severe problem range is greater than 200 ppm

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I gotta be honest this made my record skip a bit trying to figure out where you are going with this.

salt is a very generic term. All nutes are salts in the general sense. They move thru the plant with osmotic pressure caused by “salts”.

do you have a way of measuring sodium specifically as opposed to the average reading of all salts combined we get with the typical EC / PPM meters? Help me understand your questions a bit.

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

My meter has a salinity % reading yes. As well as EC/ and PPM
So, yeah, I dunno trying to understand my "salt" reading.

Latest posts

Top Bottom