How much space is needed?

• Thread starter Stevo0121
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stevo0121

Stevo0121

I’ve got 4x Hlg650r and I have a 2mx2mx2m grow tent, could someone tell me if I need more or less light for this space please?? And 4x 30w uva bars will be going on but that’s not until 5 weeks of flower..thanks in advanced.

chemistry

chemistry

If I were you, I would hang all four lights and fire them up, that way you can check the brightness, but more importantly, check the temps, heat, rather than not having enough light might be your only problem.

Stevo0121

Stevo0121

If I were you, I would hang all four lights and fire them up, that way you can check the brightness, but more importantly, check the temps, heat, rather than not having enough light might be your only problem.
Yeah I’ve got a 10inch vortex fan with a speed controller should be enough for 4 leds if the same fan clears the heat off 4x600 hps. Guess I’ll just have to check to see if it’s over kill is there such a thing as tomuch light?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Do you recon it’s to much light for that space even if I have the temps right?
I think so. I'm fairly new to LEDs and keep mine at about 80%, or the plant tops get scorched.

This may very well be part of my adjustment to LEDs. I used to grow organic, fortifying the soil and then adding supplemental teas when that ran out. But that was just not supplying the increased nutrient demand. I couldn't put the light at more than about 60% then. Now I'm doing a more conventional feed, using organically acceptable nutrients, but feeding on a schedule and a lot more than ever before.

If you were already feeding on a heavier schedule and not depending on soil to store and supply much, the plants may be able to take a lot more light. That is — this could just be me.

chemistry

chemistry

Yeah I’ve got a 10inch vortex fan with a speed controller should be enough for 4 leds if the same fan clears the heat off 4x600 hps. Guess I’ll just have to check to see if it’s over kill is there such a thing as tomuch light?

Not really to much light, but to much light can cause you heat and humidity problems. The Sun is infinite, but wild plants and trees don't suffer. In an enclosed space, balance is the key.

Top Bottom