How much space will my plants need outdoors?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

Next year will be my first year in a Greenhouse so I would like to know how big I should go.
More of a general size. I thought16ft2 for all my sativa leaning crosses and 9ft' for my Indica leaning phenos.
Then I will be testing sativas over the winter to go in as well.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Next year will be my first year in a Greenhouse so I would like to know how big I should go.
More of a general size. I thought16ft2 for all my sativa leaning crosses and 9ft' for my Indica leaning phenos.
Then I will be testing sativas over the winter to go in as well.
tallest sativa i ever seen was right at 15 ft tall,about 10 acres of them swaying in the wind,mexico stays hot and let um go without fear of bandits,they got that issue under control hahahah,with the indica i would wonder how wide instead of high,you can make hedges from them thangs,are you going dome or flat roof?if dome remember the side heights and at least 5 ft circle away from the sides,when you get ready for the winter gig let me know,i grow in pretty much same conditions,only heat they get is from the lights,not having heat will slow them but can still be done,better to have,hell if you gonna all out go geothermal for winter and summer,summer plants enjoy the cool earth just as well as heat from mother earth,save money on heating to mother earth will pay you dividines back over time

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

My indica hybrids never get past about six feet. They just get wide.
that is my comfort zone outdoors in a not so legal state hahahah,ive waited for years to see someone prune a plant like a hedge or sculpture,seen photos but not anyone in a forum yet,be first thing i do when and if the old state says go for it hahahahha

Guerilla 420

Guerilla 420

That all depends on how big of a pot you use , they'll only grow as big as their container will allow.
A 3 to a 5 gallon pot should give you about 6 foot or so tall and about equally wide. But if you have them in the ground the sky's the limit on size.

Last edited:
juggernaut

juggernaut

ty
I'm more looking at sq footage per plant. I have a grow limit that has to work with the size of my green house. I'.m allowed 20 plants. So if I have a few harvests a year . It would be nice to Monster plants or the max size of each strain. A 7' x 7'area would be real nice and 5' x 5' indica and hybrids. Since I want the most yield per plant. My sativas or mostly sativa will be Nevilles Haze, SSH, Amnesia Haze, NL#5 x Haze, Jack Herer, Dedoverde, Kali Mist, Golden Lion or Panama. Love to here thoughts one good sativas Please n ty, I will prob only run 3 -4 cycles a year using supplemental light. I would love tips on how to set it up. best bulbs n reflectors etc

BigCube

BigCube

I personally like giving them more room than most. Makes it easy to get around them and give them all the room they need. I space them out 10ft from each other.

Top Bottom