How much stretch should I expect?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

Just want to know how low I should tie my plants.
I've had some height issues the last couple crops and I just want to know what to expect.
Here are the strains I'm running for the first time:

Buddha Tahoe Cali Connection
Alien Rock Candy Alien
OG#18 Reserva Privada

Thanks

I've never grown kush before and the Kosher had a heavy stretch.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I've never grew any of those strains, but I think indicas stretch less then sativas. With that said, every strain will stretch at a different rate depending on its genetics and all I can do is give you advice based on my own exp.

My Big Bang 80/20 indica/sativa stretched about 100%, my Blueberry 80/20 ind/sat stretched about 150%. Those were my last 2 strains I harvested, so I'm not sure of the genetics of your strains, but indica doms will usually double in size (sometimes more) during stretch and sativa doms could triple in size during stretch, but sometimes slightly more or less.

My best advice would be to find out the genetics of your strains then veg them accordingly so you still have enough space to flower them, good luck bro and I'm sure more farmers will chime in with great advice for you.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Anything og is going to stretch
The number i see thrown around alot for og is 50%
So if your plant is 3 ft on day one of flower, it should stop stretching around 4.5 ft
My advice would be to use a trelis. You can keep the top of your canopy exactly where you want it then

half baked

half baked

id say both the tahoe and rock candy will double in size with the rock candy being more stacked and the og18 i hear doesnt stretch that much at all :)

hb

soserthc1

soserthc1

I can speak on the alien rock candy flipped mine earlier that i would of liked about month half , maybe a little less at 17-16-17 inch and they turned out to reach about 36-37' so 1.5 stretch on ARC....

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Sorry, I missed one of your questions. I like to tie my plants down by topping them around 6" tall, then after the new stems grow 2-3" tie them down horizontally and as they grow towards the lights, re-tie them. At the same time tie the lower branches so they grow horizontally then when you flip to 12/12 there gonna keep growing so just keep tieing them down until you get them as wide as you see fit for your grow space.

There are lots of other ways to train plants, but thats just the way I like to do it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom