How much veg time. And it's effect on yeild.

• Thread starter Nutts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
masshole61

masshole61

Beautiful looking plants. Thanks for presenting this side by side demo to the farm. Lots of rookies like me trying to figure out how many plants can fit under a given light, let's say a single 1000. How many of each plant ( with different veg times) can you fit in a 4x4 area and which veg time and number of plants reflect the best yield?

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret....women are girls.

Yes they are the same species but quite different

1204565adbfe43b2c120a8802c94dc36

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
LMAO! I loved my Easy-Bake oven. I was so bummed when we moved and I had to sell it. :(

Every time someone online calls me bro, I think, "Brah!"

homebrew420

homebrew420

Great variety nutts. Now obviously not started from seed, did the cuts you used start about the same time? Very healthy. And you said you grew the one 12/12 from seed? As in, in the flower room from seed?

Peace

Max Frost

Max Frost

GREAT THREAD!!! Super informative, and a wonderful side-by-side. Nice job Nutts! Thanks! I prefer a longer veg too. I start in small cups and up-pot as I go, ending up in 2 gal pots. I'd rather be using 3-5 gal., but space is very limited for me at present. It takes me a good 4-6 weeks to get through all the up-potting and giving them time to settle in before flipping. I absolutely WILL NOT flip if I'm seeing any problems or deficiencies. I've made the mistake of flipping with slight N- in the past and was just simply chasing it the whole cycle. It hurt flowering having to feed them high N nutes, and I wound up losing most of the fans anyway around week 5-ish. Mine have to be "all systems go" before I flip now!

I'm thinking of just planting directly in the larger pots to start with next run. It would save me time and problems I think, and I could shorten my veg to around 4 weeks total. Right now mine are at 4 weeks veg, and I still have to up-pot about half of them and let them settle in, so I'm thinking it'll be around week 6 of veg when I flip. LMAO...my mentality is still set for a larger room! Last set-up for me was large plants in 5 gal pots under 2 - 1000 watt HPS. This time I'm in a 2'x4' tent with VHO T-5's. I'm planning to whittle down my gals to 3 or 4 keepers to flower, but still! :meh:

Do ya'll think planting directly in the "final" pots would be a bad idea? Also, my dude at the grow store gave me (2) 3-gal "Perfect Pots" to try out. He swears once I use it, I'll never go back. It's a fabric pot and supposedly "air-prunes" the roots an doesn't allow them to just endlessly circle the inside of the pot. He promises a "5 gal yield" from a 2 gal pot size using them, but I dunno! Does anyone have any experience with these? If so, please share.

Again...great thread Nutts! Thanks!

Best,

Max :wacky:

(So...Seamaiden is a girl, huh)?

:troll: Well, "Hi There!"

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They sound like another version of the Smart Pot, and I do like Smart Pots, however, there are some caveats to using them. One, they're soft-sided, you can't really attach anything to them if you need to. Two, they can dry out very quickly. Three, there's a trick to getting plants out of them, and if you've got, say a 100gal situated on bare earth, it's pretty much a permanent installation unless you empty the thing back out. What's great is seeing plant roots grow right through the bottom and into the earth.

And, yes, I am of the female persuasion.

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

In the past, I noticed a difference between plants that I was putting to flower that were UNDER 18" tall (not including pot) were significantly lower producers than the plants that were OVER 18" tall. sometimes my plants would take 4 weeks to get that tall .... some times 6 weeks. its gotta be the root system development .... right? environmental factors affect the root development.... so it stands to reason that we all have different times

Max Frost

Max Frost

They sound like another version of the Smart Pot, and I do like Smart Pots, however, there are some caveats to using them. One, they're soft-sided, you can't really attach anything to them if you need to. Two, they can dry out very quickly. Three, there's a trick to getting plants out of them, and if you've got, say a 100gal situated on bare earth, it's pretty much a permanent installation unless you empty the thing back out. What's great is seeing plant roots grow right through the bottom and into the earth.

And, yes, I am of the female persuasion.

Haha...yeah, I knew that seamaiden! I just never pass up the chance to flirt! :shy: . I can't believe I said "perfect pot"! They are those little 2 gallon square, black, heavy plastic pots, which IMHO are FAR from perfect! I meant "smart pot". It says so right on the label. (I don't know what I must have been smoking)!

I'm sure there must be a trick to getting plants out. I've already looked at them and wondered about that! I'm seriously considering going with Botanicare's Hercules pots. I know Mr. GreenGenes swears by them. I really like the faster, more thorough drying and the airpruning of the roots. I've seen plants whose roots just circled and circled the inside of the pots...never really filling out all the soil at their disposal. These should be a tremendous help to that:

Any info or experience shared would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

Max :wacky:

Kebz

Kebz

Great comparative pics, as has been said it's amazing to see the difference a short increase in veg can make. Good thread.

D

Davenichol10

It all depends on your grow space. Some ppl don't have the height to veg for 30 days. With my 1k and tray I have 2.5 ft from bottom of tray to top of light. I have to train, and super crop like crazy but I prefer to have little stem anyway. Yeild canbe effected but that's where numbers come into play.

I prefer over a month of veg but don't have the space.
Top your plant

jamk911

jamk911

Yeah slice the head off at an early age and stunt its growth .. that way you can stay in veg longer ..lol.. i see people top plants young age.. show a 28 day veg update. And its 2 inches tall...
My plants were 30 inches tall at 28 day veg.. why.. cause i didnt stunt their growth, just lst and supercrop if shes too tall

onextremebuzz

onextremebuzz

This extra growth was worth it. How much longer should I go ?

20210225 160242
Top Bottom