How Much Water Do I Give 10 Gallon Pot?

• Thread starter ChuiSoto
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ChuiSoto

i have a 10 gallon smart pot with 50/50 Coco/Perlite how much gallons of gallon or even less should I be giving each pot/plant

mango420

mango420

That is one way to do it, but you will have slower growth of you soak a 10 gallon pot and wait to half dry out, especially if your plant isn't 4+ feet tall. How big are the plants in the 10 gallon? If there small and you soak that medium it will take forever to recover.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

10gal is a bit much for coco. Don't get me wrong, I've used 5s, 7s, 10s, and 15s with coir. But the best growth, ime, came with smaller pots.

These days I'll put moms in 2 gal pots and get em 4-5ft tall, hand watering as the terps described.

Mango is correct, unless a 2-3 gal rootball was transplanted into the 10 gal pot it'll take forever to dry. But be patient, it will dry out eventually, though it may take 7-10days. Let it do that 2-3 times and the roots will branch out substantially.

Cheers!

The Terps

The Terps

Try different stuff that's how you learn. But in coco you should be feeding nutes every watering. (Take some of your nutes and spill them on the floor, next day it will be dry and look like salt, this what happens in your medium especially coco because it has extreme water retention like a sponge.) the dried salt is what we want to avoid and wash out by not watering to run off you will have more issues to look for. I'm not throwing any posts under the bus here but watering to run off is advised in almost all soilless medium methods. The exception would be NFt, dwc, and ebb n flow.

C

ChuiSoto

Okay thank you guys! Now my next question this is my first grow so I'm making a lot of mistakes and they are clones.

C

ChuiSoto

I had my lights on to low 1000 watts and they burned some of my plants but which is light burn and which is nute burn I pretty sure I have both

C

ChuiSoto

Have I messed up my veg? I LST them they are 4 weeks in 10gallon pots and they are clones how do I fix any deficenties

IMG 1784
IMG 1785
IMG 1786
IMG 1787
IMG 1788
IMG 1789
IMG 1790
IMG 1791
IMG 1792
IMG 1793
Nybadboy

Nybadboy

Wow them pots are way to big ...but I am learning and from what I see its nute burn and looks like you could use some calimagic but like I said it's just a guess but my plants suffer the same thing in coco ...people say not to use calmag but u need 2

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Have I messed up my veg? I LST them they are 4 weeks in 10gallon pots and they are clones how do I fix any deficenties
Bro... the reason nobody has really said any thing is because your way to big on pots and I can't imagine how much water your having to go thru.. Ro? I would say because your roots are undeveloped in that pot and because the frequency of watering is either drowning out the roots some, and/or your getting hot spots where the coco drys out.. remember what Bro said above about pour some nutes on ground and let it dry.. salt?? To much for your Lil root ball...

If they start to look real bad I would flush with 1 EC OR SO OF 6.0 TO 6.1 PH..

What sucks is you need to let it dry out to spread the roots good. But the problem is gonna be that when you do that you get signs of nute burn from hot spots in coco from salt build up.. just my opinion..

I would put them in 1 gal pots and water them once every 3 days for 3 watering and then get a 3/day 20% running off schedule going. At least twice a day...
Use a drip feed drain to waste. Imo you would kill it!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I know it sounds crazy but I have heard that coco sometimes smaller (to a point of course)) pot size works better. Roots replenished more often which equals more O2. Somebody here has a awesome thread on coco.. few ppl prob..

C

ChuiSoto

So what do I do? I'm already in week 4 of veg well tomorrow I can't really take them out and put them in new pots can I ? Only reason I went so big is because I got advice from someone else that grows and so far all there advice has been wrong. If someone can give me step by step on how to save my garden

Latest posts

Top Bottom