How much will this light affect my flowers? Its Day 2.....

• Thread starter RainFlowerFarms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RainFlowerFarms

RainFlowerFarms

So I noticed that my HVAC has a flourescent bulb inside to help keep it clean. It stays on all the time as does my HVAC but when the lights cut out at 9am this light stays on.....it faces away from the flowers and when the lights are off none of the rays reach any of the plants. Just a tiny light reaches to where you can see the bottom of the pots in the first row. However it looks like a silhouette so the light isn't that strong its just glare off of the walls that bounce back towards the garden......thoughts?

Should I tarp under it to leave back end exposed and block as much light as possible?

Will it hermie or potentially cause it?

Should I remove and use air purifiers instead??

Thanks you for your feedback.

No Rain...No Flower.

-DIESEL

How much will this light affect my flowers its day 2
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
So I noticed that my HVAC has a flourescent bulb inside to help keep it clean. It stays on all the time as does my HVAC but when the lights cut out at 9am this light stays on.....it faces away from the flowers and when the lights are off none of the rays reach any of the plants. Just a tiny light reaches to where you can see the bottom of the pots in the first row. However it looks like a silhouette so the light isn't that strong its just glare off of the walls that bounce back towards the garden......thoughts?

Should I tarp under it to leave back end exposed and block as much light as possible?

Will it hermie or potentially cause it?

Should I remove and use air purifiers instead??

Thanks you for your feedback.

No Rain...No Flower.

-DIESEL
Not good to have any light in your room, I've screwed up runs forgetting to cover up a small blue led indicator light. Seeded up my entire crop. No light is good light during lights out. get rid of that unit in the tent.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Hey Diesel - is that maybe a UV light for killing germs?

Agree with PipeCarver, you need to find a way to eliminate all light for best results.

RainFlowerFarms

RainFlowerFarms

Not good to have any light in your room, I've screwed up runs forgetting to cover up a small blue led indicator light. Seeded up my entire crop. No light is good light during lights out. get rid of that unit in the tent.

Hey Diesel - is that maybe a UV light for killing germs?

Agree with PipeCarver, you need to find a way to eliminate all light for best results.
Big Moe's, yessir. It's inside the filter part of the HVAC. Here is a pic of the room lights on. Light faces doorway behind HVAC. It doesn't face the flower nor does it light up the pots at all. But if the concensus is that it could affect it. I will tarp and tape under the vent so light doesn't get back to the flowers.

Next door to this room I have another one but isn't as bright and those are week 5 of flower and thriving.

The light in this room tho is brighter so I will make sure to cover

20220627 073535
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Really nice grow you got going there!

If I am reading this pic right, it would be very minimal light on the vast majority of the plants.

The spectrum seems to be on the short end of the wavelengths. I'm totally weird but I would leave it and see if I could measure a difference in the final harvest. I'll bet given the space and locations involved, there is not enough light hitting the plants at night to trigger anything. Certainly seems like less than moonlight, which is also towards the short end of the spectrum and outdoor cannabis does fine with that.

The only caveat would be if there were UVC emissions from that light source - but I doubt it.

RainFlowerFarms

RainFlowerFarms

Really nice grow you got going there!

If I am reading this pic right, it would be very minimal light on the vast majority of the plants.

The spectrum seems to be on the short end of the wavelengths. I'm totally weird but I would leave it and see if I could measure a difference in the final harvest. I'll bet given the space and locations involved, there is not enough light hitting the plants at night to trigger anything. Certainly seems like less than moonlight, which is also towards the short end of the spectrum and outdoor cannabis does fine with that.

The only caveat would be if there were UVC emissions from that light source - but I doubt it.
Thank you! It has been a 8 month work in progress. 2 veg rooms, 2 Flower rooms and a nursery.

I will take a pic while the lights are off the opposite side of the room so you/we can see if the light amount is really significant enough to see a difference on harvest. When I stand under HVAC/light and look at the plants......I see complete darkeness.....I can tho see the very very bottom silhouette of the pots, but barely. Like 2 inches of pot base. So maybe the light isn't enough to damage. I'll throw up a pic here in a few.

Latest posts

Top Bottom