How often and how long to use a sulfer burner

• Thread starter Foad1957
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Foad1957

Foad1957

hi folks week 2 veg how often and how long should I be using the sulfer burner,Also should i use it when lights go out.
Thanks much and Happy Growing

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I use it once per week usually for prevention, but every day for a week if you are trying to cure an infestation. Burn time depends how big of a space you have really.

In my 8x8x10' room I use one burner and run it for about 2 hours before turning it off. But I'll let the sulphur linger in the room for about 5 or 6 hours before venting it out. Hang it 2-3 feet over the plants.

Be sure to unplug anything with a motor such as oscillating fans and especially unplug dehus, as the sulphur will coat the condensation plates and make it not work properly. And cover up LED diodes unless you have 301H diodes or HID lamps. Those are fine.
After a couple burns I like to clean my lamps and reflectors too. That stuff is awesome but it leaves a sulphur film on everything.

Foad1957

Foad1957

I use it once per week usually for prevention, but every day for a week if you are trying to cure an infestation. Burn time depends how big of a space you have really.

In my 8x8x10' room I use one burner and run it for about 2 hours before turning it off. But I'll let the sulphur linger in the room for about 5 or 6 hours before venting it out. Hang it 2-3 feet over the plants.

Be sure to unplug anything with a motor such as oscillating fans and especially unplug dehus, as the sulphur will coat the condensation plates and make it not work properly. And cover up LED diodes unless you have 301H diodes or HID lamps. Those are fine.
After a couple burns I like to clean my lamps and reflectors too. That stuff is awesome but it leaves a sulphur film on everything.
thanks dirtbag in a 4x8 tent roi e680 led what do you use to clean the lamps and reflectors.
Thanks much and Happy gardening

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
thanks dirtbag in a 4x8 tent roi e680 led what do you use to clean the lamps and reflectors.
Thanks much and Happy gardening
Not familiar with that light but be careful, sulphur can corrode LED diodes.
I use iso alcohol to clean stuff off.

Oh, and probably know this but only ever burn in the dark, and not within an hr of lights on or off.

Top Bottom