How often can I feed molasses?

• Thread starter Sledsons
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Your talking about Elaine Engrim right? I follow Tim wilsons stuff and he has slides and all the info with vids on youtube backing it up. But just because you can bloom billions of bacteria what happens then?
The Fox Farms trio is pretty good although rather expensive, but easy to use... for Veg you cant go wrong with some Maxicrop or Jacks and thats super cheap in comparison to any liquid you will get.
Maxicrop! Lmfao. 34.2ppm arsenic....fuck no!

PiffinOut

PiffinOut

I am actually a big fan of wood bark and leaf mold in my soil mixes. Not everything she says is wrong just much is out of context.
Im all for wood bark and leaf litter in my soil diy mixes, I was just commenting that she specifically included "pine" bark as a good thing to add to soil, however in most yards pine trees dont allow many other plant specimins to live under it due to the nature of the soil near the pine trees. Id much rather have other tree barks myself and I have my doubts about pine bark being a good soil addition for most plants due to the lack of things I have seen growing in the trees soil by its roots of the "pine" tree in nature, I cant even get my grass or moss under it. Perhaps if properly processed or in small amounts it could be beneficial, but I think something like Maple or Locust would be more benefiical than Pine.

In any case, I dont understand how she as a self pro-claimed "academic" can write all the things she does busting myths when she herself doesnt cite the studies that gave her this understanding and theres obvious room for miscategorizations inherent to her writings in regards to stating environmental differences and changes in the studies she used that exist between potted/indoors and yard/outdoors/ plants as well as between outdoor mass agri. All three have different situations indoors/outdoors/mass agri/ hydro/aqua ponics all have different situations and she does a poor job letting the reader understand and parce through these things themselves.

I would certainly say her opening intro attempted to project an image that made her work seemed like it would be well sourced and backed by "academics" and "science". I believe she even went to the point of throwing in that many people growing plants/trees/ shrubs etc giving advice are pseudo-sicentific method or non-academia people who dont know what they are talking about because they dont do or look at studies persay. I appreciate her work, I just think she took a certain tone in her intro that she failed to reproduce in her reports busting myths. Showing the studies and tests done wouldve been nice additions to back her opinion, I thought that was a requirement in the field of academics.
I personally wouldnt call for her PHD to be removed but Id just ask for more/better cited material to back her claims. While I did like to read her work as she seems generally informed and educated, upon further review it seemed some of her mythbusts lacked substance or firm categoriziations (outdoor/indoor/ yard/floor insulated grow house / mass agro) or evidence cited to back it and...mythbuster... she is not. What works in one situation often does not work in another and her claims needs more sauce.

Last edited:
PiffinOut

PiffinOut

Probably would be fine but just be aware. If you see any issues just stop feeding it. I prefer crunch berries myself.
Fuck dude, never thought of crunch berries. Ive got those and fruity peebles ages ago just sitting in my cereal shelf being useless. Going to make due with them now, finally I can get rid of more junkfood. I wonder if itll make your flower taste like it or perhaps absorb the colors. lol

Homesteader

Homesteader

Wait until two weeks before harvest and dig a little well around the stalk. Load it up with soggy crunchberries and let me know if you get any flavor.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Your talking about Elaine Engrim right? I follow Tim wilsons stuff and he has slides and all the info with vids on youtube backing it up. But just because you can bloom billions of bacteria what happens then?
The Fox Farms trio is pretty good although rather expensive, but easy to use... for Veg you cant go wrong with some Maxicrop or Jacks and thats super cheap in comparison to any liquid you will get.
Ill have to check out some of his stuff. I did find an interview from 2014 on Adam Dunn show. Ill check it out later. I think I have heard of him before but I don't recall.

Never been a fan of what Elaine teaches and how people have grasped onto it like its gospel.

PiffinOut

PiffinOut

Wait until two weeks before harvest and dig a little well around the stalk. Load it up with soggy crunchberries and let me know if you get any flavor.
literally cant wait to crunch it up. this is awesome, my man. ive been trying to get guests to eat this old cereal for a while now.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Tad Hussey from KIS has some amazing stuff on his podcast with Tim Wilson and Coot are my favs, but many leading experts in the community with great info. All free on youtube...

PiffinOut

PiffinOut

Who in the hell can pass up crunchberries? Like manna from heaven.
[/QUOTE
Tad Hussey from KIS has some amazing stuff on his podcast with Tim Wilson and Coot are my favs, but many leading experts in the community with great info. All free on youtube...
Checked and bookmarked, good sir. Got any specific ones in particular that you think I would benefit from viewing?

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Yes you are correct there.
Heavy Metals (ppm) Analysis Arsenic (As)= 34.2
Anyhow lookin back i ment to recommend Maxsea but while we are here......

what does that mean?

after reading a lil bit i can conclude that there are many different forms of arsenic that do many different things only a few can be up taken by plants and given the plant and the environmental factors the uptake would be nominal at best. Wheres the science? Like i mean, the actual kind of arsenic in the stuff, its availability and what kinda action it will have in the soil. Also how much of what types of arsenic will cannabis consume? Will a higher amount of arsenic in a fert equal a dramatically different PPM of arsenic in the buds? Does higher levels of arsenic in buds transfer thru smoking or making extracts?

from the above link;

"It is important to note the large variability in the relationships among soil arsenic content, plant arsenic content, injury symptoms, and phytotoxicity reported by different investigators. Vandecaveye et al. 817 reported that alfalfa and grasses grown on a soil having soluble arsenic at less than 2.5 ppm contained arsenic at 20–30 ppm on a dry-weight basis. MacPhee et al. 509 analyzed pea and bean plants grown in pesticide-persistence plots at Kentville, Nova Scotia. The soil plots contained arsenic at 126–157 ppm. Most of the arsenic in the plants was found in vines (2.1 ppm) and pods (0.88 ppm), with small amounts in seeds (0.18 ppm). Reed and Sturgis analyzed rice plants grown on arsenic-treated soils. 662 They reported arsenic at up to 5.0 ppm in the rice head and 2.5 ppm in the straw. Woolson 873 correlated extractable arsenic with plant growth and plant residues for six vegetable crops. Available arsenic concentrations of 6.2–48.3 ppm were necessary to reduce growth by 50%. At these concentrations, edible dry plant contained arsenic at 0.7–76.0 ppm."

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Yes you are correct there.
Heavy Metals (ppm) Analysis Arsenic (As)= 34.2
Anyhow lookin back i ment to recommend Maxsea but while we are here......

what does that mean?

after reading a lil bit i can conclude that there are many different forms of arsenic that do many different things only a few can be up taken by plants and given the plant and the environmental factors the uptake would be nominal at best. Wheres the science? Like i mean, the actual kind of arsenic in the stuff, its availability and what kinda action it will have in the soil. Also how much of what types of arsenic will cannabis consume? Will a higher amount of arsenic in a fert equal a dramatically different PPM of arsenic in the buds? Does higher levels of arsenic in buds transfer thru smoking or making extracts?

from the above link;

"It is important to note the large variability in the relationships among soil arsenic content, plant arsenic content, injury symptoms, and phytotoxicity reported by different investigators. Vandecaveye et al. 817 reported that alfalfa and grasses grown on a soil having soluble arsenic at less than 2.5 ppm contained arsenic at 20–30 ppm on a dry-weight basis. MacPhee et al. 509 analyzed pea and bean plants grown in pesticide-persistence plots at Kentville, Nova Scotia. The soil plots contained arsenic at 126–157 ppm. Most of the arsenic in the plants was found in vines (2.1 ppm) and pods (0.88 ppm), with small amounts in seeds (0.18 ppm). Reed and Sturgis analyzed rice plants grown on arsenic-treated soils. 662 They reported arsenic at up to 5.0 ppm in the rice head and 2.5 ppm in the straw. Woolson 873 correlated extractable arsenic with plant growth and plant residues for six vegetable crops. Available arsenic concentrations of 6.2–48.3 ppm were necessary to reduce growth by 50%. At these concentrations, edible dry plant contained arsenic at 0.7–76.0 ppm."
All great ?'s have no answer for you. Except that i do remember reading that cadmium is taken up by canna more so than arsenic. Id love to get a gc/ms and start testing...dreams!

Maybe some day

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I am using 2 tablespoons per gallon and I've done one feeding. Can I do this every other day, once a week, etc? Heavier solution or is 2 tablespoons enough?

Can you post a test that you got. Or a few of them so we can get an idea of how much over time accumulates in the plant?

Would be great

Edit: i have read an nih study that concluded cadmium increases flavor in canna.

Last edited:
Top Bottom