How Often Do You Add Uc Roots?

• Thread starter Mids4lyfe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nugg

Nugg

I run hydro guard..but. Everything has directions on them.lol. i only add couple times a grow..I use super thrive for the roots.i run as directed but at half doseage .

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

Weekly Treatment for Hydroponics System/Reservoir:
  • Add 1-3mL of UC ROOTS per gallon of nutrient solution every 5- 7 days if nutrient temps are below 68°F or every 1-3 days if nutrient temps exceed 76° F.

Periodic and Final Nutrient Flush:
  • Periodic: Add 5-7mL of UC ROOTS per gallon of water and continue to irrigate as normal. Continue this process for 12-24 hrs. then drain away solution and mix new nutrient.
  • Final: Add 5-7mL of UC ROOTS per gallon of water and continue to irrigate as normal. Continue this process for the last 3-5 days of fruiting/blooming cycle.

Cloning /Propagation:
  • Add 5-10mL of UC ROOTS per gallon of fresh water at the beginning of the cloning/propagation process.
  • Cuttings may be dipped or fully immersed in 25-30mL of UCROOTS per gallon of water for 20-30 seconds, then apply cloning gels or rooting powders.

Found this on Current Cultures site. Hope it helps.

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

I have an ORP meter and have tracked UC Roots over several grows. I have found that adding 3 ml per gallon on system changes, then an additional 3 ml per gallon every 7 days keeps the ORP in the desired range. I've been doing this over my last 5-6 grows and have had no root issues. Upon harvest the roots are nice and white and very healthy.

Medigrow

Medigrow

I have an ORP meter and have tracked UC Roots over several grows. I have found that adding 3 ml per gallon on system changes, then an additional 3 ml per gallon every 7 days keeps the ORP in the desired range. I've been doing this over my last 5-6 grows and have had no root issues. Upon harvest the roots are nice and white and very healthy.

I will try this method! Ty! :)

I do have a chiller on each systems and I was adding 4ml/gL on system change and was adding 2-3ml/gal everytime I refill the topoff... So, 40L a day, I was adding 60-80ml each day in the top off.. Seems it's fk.. excessive!

Medigrow

Medigrow

@RoeBuck What is the ORP level you are keeping it?

And which nutrient line are you using?

sosincere

sosincere

Supporter

Everyone tells how successful and great their grow is but never reveals the exact details. What is your desired orp range and what orp meter do you use?

DarkCoast

DarkCoast

@RoeBuck What is the ORP level you are keeping it?

And which nutrient line are you using?
Everyone tells how successful and great their grow is but never reveals the exact details. What is your desired orp range and what orp meter do you use?

I know this thread is a year old but i've been trying to find the answer to this as well and believe i came across the answer on a hydroponics site. It states if you want to run a sterile hydroponic environment you’ll want to keep the ORP of your solution probably in the 300-500mV range, large enough to prevent any micro-organisms from growing but low enough to prevent any damage from happening to your roots.

Medigrow

Medigrow

I know this thread is a year old but i've been trying to find the answer to this as well and believe i came across the answer on a hydroponics site. It states if you want to run a sterile hydroponic environment you’ll want to keep the ORP of your solution probably in the 300-500mV range, large enough to prevent any micro-organisms from growing but low enough to prevent any damage from happening to your roots.
To be honest, I tried with a Marine ORP meter, I'm not even sure it was really accurate, I throw it in the garbage. I do my own hypochlorous acid and it never went that great. adding 5ml/gal on flush and adding the same amount on 4th days (1 week flush)... My roots are perfect.

plumsmooth

plumsmooth

What about using Chloine test strips to test the remaining UC Roots activity inbetween and during Top Ups?

T

Tobytanner

1, If a bottled product of 1 liter of hypochlorous says on the bottle it’s 0.15% per L , is it safe to assume it ppm value would be 1500ppm ?
And the instructions tell me to use it at 1ml per liter ,
2, If so, my next question is, if I was to generate my own hypochlorous at a ppm of 200, and use it to replace the bottled stuff would that mean I would have to up my dosage by roughly x7, my thinking is 7x200=1400 ppm? so I would reach the similar results as the bottled stuff?

Latest posts

Top Bottom