How often should I feed these photo periods?

• Thread starter ClosetClouds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ClosetClouds

They had 4-8–4 on 10/7, and 4-4-4 probably 6 weeks ago.
Thank you!! What is the feeding schedule for photo periods? I ended up growing these by mistake instead of autos, lol

C

ClosetClouds

The website won’t allow me to upload the photos, sadly. Keeps saying an error occurred. That said, some leaves are yelling but most are still very green.

How often do you typically feed a photo period?
Thanks!

Moshmen

Moshmen

The website won’t allow me to upload the photos, sadly. Keeps saying an error occurred. That said, some leaves are yelling but most are still very green.

How often do you typically feed a photo period?
Thanks!
I feed mine every water- but everyone is different . What medium are you growing in ?how big of containers ? What nute line are you using ? What light source and how often do you feed and water

C

ClosetClouds

I feed mine every water- but everyone is different . What medium are you growing in ?how big of containers ? What nute line are you using ? What light source and how often do you feed and water
They are growing in fox farm potting soil. I use down to earth fertilizers, 4-8-4 and 4-4-4. They were planted at the beginning of July, and received organic worm castings about a month in. I water them every other day, 3 cups of water each and they’re in 5 gallon buckets. One is under a mars hydro 1000w full spectrum LED and the other two are under a yintatech 1500w full spectrum. They’re under a 12/12 light cycle.

Moshmen

Moshmen

They are growing in fox farm potting soil. I use down to earth fertilizers, 4-8-4 and 4-4-4. They were planted at the beginning of July, and received organic worm castings about a month in. I water them every other day, 3 cups of water each and they’re in 5 gallon buckets. One is under a mars hydro 1000w full spectrum LED and the other two are under a yintatech 1500w full spectrum. They’re under a 12/12 light cycle.
Give me a minute not familiar with those nutes - is the drainage in your buckets ? Hopefully pictures come back on line today I’d Ike to see her but chances are you need to change your watering habits - I’ll be back in minute

Moshmen

Moshmen

Are the yellow leaves towards the bottom of the plant? Or older growth ? How much of the fertilizer are you giving each feed and again how often ?

Sounds as though you are not watering/feeding enuff at one time - then you neeed a dry out time to let your soil dry back and start again

My gut says your not watering enuff at once and your watering to often.

C

ClosetClouds

Pics aren’t loading right now we are working on it - hence the milliquestions to the op
I’m using 5 gallon fabric pots, and they’re actually sitting in a shower pan in a bathroom that I have converted into a grow room. Typically that 3 cups is watering to run off. The leaves that are yellowing are near the top, but there aren’t a lot of them doing that. The ones toward the bottom shrivel up and die off every so often. Pics sadly still won’t upload but I will keep trying. I’ve been giving 10 tablespoons of 4-8-4 and 5 of 4-4-4. I had top dressed with 20 tablespoons of worm castings.

Gmix

Gmix

Yeah I figured that. Just thought as was watering my own what moshmen said about his hunch that about not watering enough then to much.

If you water fast ( it hard not to ) and the soils dry the water goes through the soil fast & starts to run off giving you the impression it’s fully watered
Opos posted at the same time but I think I’ll leave it to the pros. Good luck

Moshmen

Moshmen

Yeah I figured that. Just thought as was watering my own what moshmen said about his hunch that about not watering enough then to much.

If you water fast ( it hard not to ) and the soils dry the water goes through the soil fast & starts to run off giving you the impression it’s fully watered
I have a feeling they are drowning no oxygen at the roots ? Let them dry out 3/4 maybe even 5 days - wait till the pot is nice a lite to lift. Then we can start again

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m using 5 gallon fabric pots, and they’re actually sitting in a shower pan in a bathroom that I have converted into a grow room. Typically that 3 cups is watering to run off. The leaves that are yellowing are near the top, but there aren’t a lot of them doing that. The ones toward the bottom shrivel up and die off every so often. Pics sadly still won’t upload but I will keep trying. I’ve been giving 10 tablespoons of 4-8-4 and 5 of 4-4-4. I had top dressed with 20 tablespoons of worm castings.
You should not be getting run off with 3 cups of water in a 5 gallon bag ! I’m gonna try link ya to how to water soil thread

Gmix

Gmix

Before I bow out
Are you saying your feeding 10 tsp of 4.8.4 & 5 of 4.4.4 when you feed them on top of 20 tsp of worm castings.I use guano so I’m not used to your ferts but that would seem like a awful lot maybe locking the nutes out.
I’m not going to call it without a pic but I dunno you may have more than just drowning the roots going on.Hope the pic feature comes back up, no matter what seems like your in good hands without me sticking my oar in 😉

Moshmen

Moshmen

Before I bow out
Are you saying your feeding 10 tsp of 4.8.4 & 5 of 4.4.4 when you feed them on top of 20 tsp of worm castings.I use guano so I’m not used to your ferts but that would seem like a awful lot maybe locking the nutes out.
I’m not going to call it without a pic but I dunno you may have more than just drowning the roots. Hope the pic feature comes back up, no matter what seems like your in good hands without me sticking my oar in 😉
All advice is welcome ur absolutely right ! Could be a multitude of things

C

ClosetClouds

Damn. Pictures still won’t upload
Before I bow out
I’m not going to call it without a pic but I dunno you may have more than just drowning the roots going on.Hope the pic feature comes back up, no matter what seems like your in good hands without me sticking my oar in 😉

The first time I top fed them at about a month in, it was all three at once. I gave them that ratio of 4-4-4 and 4-8-4 a month later. When I noticed they weren’t flowering (They were sold to me as autos, so I was weirded out) I gave them more 4-8-4, about a month after the second dose of 4-4-4 and 4-8-4. The third dose of 4-8-4 was on 10/7.

C

ClosetClouds

Pics still won’t upload.

Quick side note- I hadn’t been watering every other day, I’ve never done that on any of my auto grows. But with this one, I noticed if I went more than one day without watering, I would open the tent to find all of the leaves drooping. And I mean ALL of the leaves severely drooping.

TSD

TSD

Yeah there is no way you're watering correctly. It might just be running out the side of the fabric pots where the dry side soil has separated or something. Watering too little and too often, guaranteed there's a giant hunk of bone dry soil somewhere in that pot, but at the same time you could have signs of overwatering because you're keeping the root ball constantly wet.
To answer your original question, I use organic nutes that come dry and I mix before feeding, once they are growing vigorously, usually at about a month, they get fed every other watering, unless they look like they can skip a feed. Not sure exactly how big yours are, but in veg mine routinely go 4-7 days between waterings when they are still inside (or even more when small, seedlings can go up to 10 days sometimes.) Once they are outside, I go solely by looks and not schedule, but it's usually about a once a week feed once they've exhausted thier soil.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Pics still won’t upload.

Quick side note- I hadn’t been watering every other day, I’ve never done that on any of my auto grows. But with this one, I noticed if I went more than one day without watering, I would open the tent to find all of the leaves drooping. And I mean ALL of the leaves severely drooping.
Sounds to me like she needs a good saturation. If your soil is really dry, get some yucca powder to mix in your water. When soil becomes hydrophobic yucca powder is like magic.

Top Bottom