How Opt1c rocks a UC in a small space

• Thread starter opt1c
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
opt1c

opt1c

Right now i'm about to move to a new spot; looking to buy a house so i'm stoked. While i'm getting ready to move out i've condensed my garden as much as possible. To make it easier when it comes time to move. That being said i've moved everything to one run with tents; it sorta looks like this...
[YOUTUBE]CaBsNaRjzxc[/YOUTUBE]
Except this time i switched back to the 8gal system with the xl centers as the space on the side of the room is only like 3x6; but if you have the right gentics; a dialed room; and co2 you can do this...
2k-on-top-2-600s-vert-inbetween.jpg

vertical-600s.jpg
vertical1.jpg

Dutch Master nutes and nothing else; slow vegging ogesque strain outa la whose name i'll keep confidential but rest assured every lil golfball sized nug on these ladies is pure fire

2k on top; 2 600s in the middle; 18k btu in the window and another 10k portable for the hotter parts of the day; lots of fans and air circulation

right now i have radiant 6's on top of the plant; i have an extra magnum xxl 6 kicking around; might pick up another one if i can squeeze em both in over the plants

I'll be topping em for cuts and training a bit more before i flip em; not in a rush as it's the last crop this room will see; gonna go out with a bang :pimp:

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I see how it works now. That should give you some pretty stought plants.
Killin it there
BG

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Nice one bro. Kiss every millimeter of unfilled space goodbye, yeah? Looks like the ammo is loaded, blow us away!

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Where you get those cages I need some asap. Im planning on flippin mine Friday
Thanks

opt1c

opt1c

nope; just the regular xl centers... don't think they're that spaced... also running 600s vert; if i had the room i'd run the larger center/pvc/buckets but until i move i don't have the room ;)

yeah the tomato cages are from burpees; they r heavy so if you need em tomorrow u gotta pay through the nose; took me about a week to get mine but they are the only ones i'd ever think of getting; fit the uc buckets like a glove; couldn't ask for a nicer fit

M

mcpuffin

What up?!? Lookin' good...glad to see you still have Her around. I'll be lurkin'...:pimp:

opt1c

opt1c

What up?!? Lookin' good...glad to see you still have Her around. I'll be lurkin'...:pimp:
:passingjoint:

So here they are 4 days later; 23/1 lighting as my timer likes to rest; they'll be flipped tonight; might switch out the reflector on the end with a magnum xxl; don't think i can fit one in the front but i figure one is better than none and i think the tops will like the wider footprint; Dutch Master gold nutes with add.27, zone, and silica
4days_after_first_pics_1.jpg
4days_after_first_pics_2.jpg
4days_after_first_pics_3.jpg
4days_after_first_pics_4.jpg

uc_drain_hose_adaptor_in_use.jpg

:joint:

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

I can't wait to see this progress. I have a similar idea that I've been playing with in my head. Are those conversion MH 600's or....? the light looks really blue.

opt1c

opt1c

yup; all conversion mh ushio bulbs on digital ballasts.... bout to switch to hps for flowering; i'd run the dual-arc bulbs but i have a couple new 1k bulbs i've yet to use so they're up first

G

gadgetsmoke

Nice job and bomb thread........how tall where they when you flipped them?

I have a 4' 9 x 9'6 x 6' 7 tent with two magnum xxxl, will have the UC 6xl, tryna figure out how tall I can have them before flip and still get the biggest possible plants.

M

mcpuffin

I'm sure opt1c doesn't mind me sharing....
Pic 1 is just after placed in system about 18" tall (2 1/2 week veg in bubbler), Pic 2 is 5 days after the flip (just shy of 4 week veg), & Pic 3 harvest. This was in a 5 x 10 DarkRoom...

DSC01155
DSC01157
DSC01332
opt1c

opt1c

looking nice man....

well lots of people talk about what they're going to do... i was talking bout kicking out the centers to 41 inches, switching the reflectors on top to magnum xxls; etc... enough with the talk already

flower_day_1.jpg
flower_day_1_xxl_center.jpg
flower_day_1_bulbs.jpg
flower_day_1_xxl_centers.jpg
flower_day_1_xxl_lights.jpg

Just got flipped; nutes were drained and switched to flowering nutes; dutch master of course... lets just say switching out those centers involved a lot of towels and even more elbow grease

i look forward towards reaping the rewards and see how these bushes fill out the space in the middle with STRETCH :joint:

i can and hope to take the reflectors to the ceiling when all is said and done

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Sweet
Its always a pain in the ass switching shit out once there that big. I still think its gonna kick even more ass.
BG

Aligee

Aligee

looking sweet optic !!! you running more Rez gear in them buckets ???

F

FatFreddysKat

Nice opt1c...cant wait to see those magnums and the ladies above the clouds!!!!!

CaliShark

CaliShark

I like the use of space...The magnums look prefect above the 6 site. By the looks of the pics, I would say the vert lights in the middle are doing more harm then good, what are your thoughts?

opt1c

opt1c

the pic was right after i kicked out the centers; the plants had grown as close to the bulbs as possible prior to that; deff not any harm being done now... i'll post some new pics later today at lights on... i addded the verts because the bottom growth was dying off; it's not anymore :joint:

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Lets see em now
Im sure they exploded after they received more room

opt1c

opt1c

Some updates...

First a little background; the plants were started back on July 25th.
clone_start_july_25.jpg
clone_start_july_25_tent.jpg

I abused em a bit and transplanted as soon as the previous crop finished out on the 8th of September.
clone_transplant_sept_8.jpg
clone_transplant_sept_8_leftovers.jpg
clone_transplant_sept_8_home.jpg
clone_transplant_sept_8_done.jpg

I flipped em on the 12th of October. Here they are 10 days into flower.
flower_day10_front.jpg
flower_day10_back.jpg
flower_day10_top.jpg
flower_day10_inside.jpg

And 10 days later after this...
flower_day20_can.jpg

They look like this...
flower_day20_upward.jpg
flower_day20_top.jpg
flower_day20_topdown.jpg
flower_day20_inside.jpg
flower_day20_front_off.jpg