How Should I Design My Room?

• Thread starter hdhke17
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hdhke17

I'm just looking for advice as I kind of brainstorm this all out.

I have a 16x12x a little more than 6' high finished basement. I started with a couple tents (a 3x3 and a 2x4). I then just a hung panda film across the room, so 7x12 is separated, with the intent of this being a flowering room. This was a temporary solution so that I could start flowering, as i had a lot going on in the smaller tents.

What I would like to do is keep the tents for veg, and run 3 lights to flower on the other side.

Making permanent walls is difficult because I have base board heating on both outside facing walls, and large grow tents with only 6' ceilings are ridiculously expensive. I am thinking of framing up a PVC room and covering that with panda film.

So my question is, is it better for me to create one large flower room for the 3 lights, or 2 or 3 smaller flower rooms?

Just kinda brainstorming this out. My thinking is 1 room is better for increased light coverage and one airflow/cooling solution. 2 rooms, say a 4x8 and a 4x4 might be better if I want to run lights at different times or if I want to be able to bring plants in to scrog in veg for a week or 2 before kicking them to flower. I know there are no hard and fast rules......but I've been bouncing these ideas off my my own brain for so long I figured I would see if anyone else had ideas or opinions.

sixstring

sixstring

i always favor one larger room over multiple spaces just for the heating and cooling installs.those 6 foor ceilings just scream 315w cmh fixtures or high end led panels.

H

hdhke17

i always favor one larger room over multiple spaces just for the heating and cooling installs.those 6 foor ceilings just scream 315w cmh fixtures or high end led panels.
I started with 600 HID hoods over there....which was purely based on a Craigslist sale where a girl was selling off all her BF's grow equip for $200....it was quite the steal. They are good now because it's cold outside so keeping the room cool isn't an issue. That said, I have been spending long nights staring at the HLG550 just praying for a holiday sale. I will look into the CMH's as well, thanks for the suggestion.

sixstring

sixstring

I started with 600 HID hoods over there....which was purely based on a Craigslist sale where a girl was selling off all her BF's grow equip for $200....it was quite the steal. That said, I have been spending long nights staring at the HLG550 just praying for a holiday sale. I will look into the CMH's as well, thanks for the suggestion.
the hlg 550 is a awesome panel.i think they are 20% off right now.code is santasack20

H

hdhke17

the hlg 550 is a awesome panel.i think they are 20% off right now.code is santasack20
If only.....that code is for the 300. I even emailed them and said if I can get a code for the 550 I will buy immediately.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I run a built room in a basement setting. I have 6'2" from the floor to my head. 4x 315 cmh, as its the hid KILLER!!

Pvc and panda are great. Use decent thickness pvc for stability. And you can't hang too much as pvc may not hold a lot of weight. Use the ceiling joists to hang the heavy stuff.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I have a 4x3. I have a vented hood 600 hps with a hlg 135 to the far side.

I plan on buying two more, one after each harvest n going down to a 400 or 250 hps for the summer cuz I do not have a dedicated ac for my room.

Point being, use all your $200 stuff now. (Well first some room work) n add a leds when you can afford em.

Buying 1 or 2 hlg 260"s each run n phase out your hps. Or setup to run both. I plan to do that til I can have 1, 315 cmh, n rest Samsung 561 strip, using both.

I'd make the tents veg/clone area. So you can go 18/6 or 24/0, whatever, n not effect the bulk of the room light wise.

Leave a workbench spot n drying area. Keep nutes by bench or make lil closet for em.

H

hdhke17

I have a 4x3. I have a vented hood 600 hps with a hlg 135 to the far side.

I plan on buying two more, one after each harvest n going down to a 400 or 250 hps for the summer cuz I do not have a dedicated ac for my room.

Point being, use all your $200 stuff now. (Well first some room work) n add a leds when you can afford em.

Buying 1 or 2 hlg 260"s each run n phase out your hps. Or setup to run both. I plan to do that til I can have 1, 315 cmh, n rest Samsung 561 strip, using both.

I'd make the tents veg/clone area. So you can go 18/6 or 24/0, whatever, n not effect the bulk of the room light wise.

Leave a workbench spot n drying area. Keep nutes by bench or make lil closet for em.

That's basically my plan. Roll with the 2 HPS' through the winter so I don't need to add much heat. Then I would like to start adding high-end LED's for my 3rd flower light when those plants are ready to move into the flower room, with the ultimate goal of running all or mostly LED's by the summer if I can to save on cooling. I'm in a basement room that stays relatively cool, so LED's and a 12k BTU A/C should keep the room cool in the summer. I am going to look into the 260's you guys have suggested. I am thinking I could even get better use out of my space with those by running 3 of them in a 4x6 config.

As for the other stuff...It's a finished basement room with bookcases built in to an entire wall (16 feet and 4 bookcases), so it's perfect for storing everything. I am still trying to decide on a permanent drying area. My last run is hanging in one of the tents because it has the carbon filter in it.

Thanks for the input.

Top Bottom