How tall or how many nodes can a cannabis plant be before its roots begin to break through a rockwool cube and it needs to be transferred into its med

• Thread starter justinsloan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

justinsloan

How tall or how many nodes can a cannabis plant be before its roots begin to break through a rockwool cube and it needs to be transferred into its medium after germination? I wanted to wait as long as possible, because I am taking out of my tent because it is a spare and growing it in lesser conditions.

Ponky

Ponky

You can let the roots get pretty big before transplant. As long as they don't get sick they're good. You can let them grow a few extra days in cubes.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

How tall or how many nodes can a cannabis plant be before its roots begin to break through a rockwool cube and it needs to be transferred into its medium after germination? I wanted to wait as long as possible, because I am taking out of my tent because it is a spare and growing it in lesser conditions.
Hard to say without some more details or pics.

What size rockwool? Pics would help a lot.

quirk

quirk

I can't speak to rockwool but my jiffy pellets are approx. 1.7" thick when fully hydrated and the taproot invariably protrudes before the seed sprouts. The example below shows the taproot 64 hrs. after planting, 2nd pic is the sprout at the same time and the last pic is 5 hours after sprout. No nodes.

Taproot after 64hrs in Jiffy pellet
First Blush
5Hrs since sprout
Top Bottom