How to achieve 2lbs in a 4x4?

• Thread starter Slabby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Slabby

Hello all,
I want to talk about maximizing yeild and efficiency.

I saw a post @Aqua Man made saying he gets minimum 2lbs in a 4x4 area.

I’m newer to the grow side of things with only 1 completed grow under my belt (that had tons of learning issues and growing pains) and am about to harvest my 2nd. My 2nd run went way better. And am expecting a better yeild.

First run I didn’t do anything. Just let it grow. And did some defoliating. I ended up yielding around 1.5 lbs (prob a bit less) for a 4x4

This round I did some topping which seems to help. But I am wanting to learn how to push it even further. @Aqua Man says he does 2lb minimum and I would like to achieve that minimum as well.

I’m running a volt FL-1 that pulls 720 watts from the wall (dimmable)

Currently running GH trio, with sweet, photosynthesis plus, gh root enhancer. And Moab in flower. If anybody can teach me the way I’m all ears.

Thanks 🙏

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Staff
Supporter
So this is your light:

What are your environmental controls. Hydro? What kind and sizes? CO2?

What is your max height?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
you can only maximize so much for auto's. To really maximize the growth you need more than a light and bunch fans with nutrients.
@aquman run a efficient grow with many years of experience. You can't be Jesus's with two grows. lol! not trying to be rude
My suggestion is to follow his journal's and learn what he does. Even than you still need to go through many grows to dial in your grow room before it can maximize the yield.
also, maybe a picture of the grow area would help members to give you few pointers.

freezeland2

freezeland2

you can only maximize so much for auto's. To really maximize the growth you need more than a light and bunch fans with nutrients.
@aquman run a efficient grow with many years of experience. You can't be Jesus's with two grows. lol! not trying to be rude
My suggestion is to follow his journal's and learn what he does. Even than you still need to go through many grows to dial in your grow room before it can maximize the yield.
also, maybe a picture of the grow area would help members to give you few pointers.
What @PK1 said

S

Slabby

So this is your light:

View attachment 1284705

View attachment 1284706

What are your environmental controls. Hydro? What kind and sizes? CO2?

What is your max height?

No that’s the vl-1 I have the FL-1. Here’s the specs. I’m running 3 gallon pots of coco. No co2. The plants I have now are tall. I had to bend them twice on some. That would be probably 7-8ft tall. Basically the highest my lights can go is prob 7.5 ft. And I’m running the floraflex drip system so the pots are low.

5706722F 6C07 4294 8AA0 D1C7E98EABF5
C4EB35CC 6429 4D60 8451 7DCF6BEF94A9
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Staff
Supporter
Hello all,
I want to talk about maximizing yeild and efficiency.

I saw a post @Aqua Man made saying he gets minimum 2lbs in a 4x4 area.

I’m newer to the grow side of things with only 1 completed grow under my belt (that had tons of learning issues and growing pains) and am about to harvest my 2nd. My 2nd run went way better. And am expecting a better yeild.

First run I didn’t do anything. Just let it grow. And did some defoliating. I ended up yielding around 1.5 lbs (prob a bit less) for a 4x4

This round I did some topping which seems to help. But I am wanting to learn how to push it even further. @Aqua Man says he does 2lb minimum and I would like to achieve that minimum as well.

I’m running a volt FL-1 that pulls 720 watts from the wall (dimmable)

Currently running GH trio, with sweet, photosynthesis plus, gh root enhancer. And Moab in flower. If anybody can teach me the way I’m all ears.

Thanks 🙏
See what happens when i speak to soon. I wont hit 2lb i dont think this grow… i lost a plant and had crown rot… 1.5 possibly this grow but we will see

S

Slabby

I get it. No offense taken. That’s why I’m here asking the questions because how I’m running now isn’t getting me there. I’m not running autos. Heres some pics. First 2 pics are how it’s set up currently. Next pics are the first run mainly to show you how low the pots sit.

Last edited:
S

Slabby

Wait did I miss these are autos? What exactly are they? seed / clone whatever
Idk how that came to be a thought. I never said it haha. I’ve never ran autos.

I’ve gotten everything from clones from homies

First grow (last 2 pics) was wedding crasher

2nd grow (first 2 pics) is oreoz and a few white truffle

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Staff
Supporter
PK1 said it, made my record skip. Those don't look like any auto I have seen.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Staff
Supporter
For max yields with a quick turn around find a heavy producer and do a SOG 16-32 clones and a short veg time.

co2 and high light keeping in line with VPD

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Staff
Supporter
What do I need to do in order to run co2. My room is vented and isn’t sealed.
Its honestly probably not worth the amount of equipment and work for you to seal it… you can pull over 2lb easy without it and doing a SOG with a heavy yielder

S

Slabby

I have auto feed set up already 🔥🔥🔥
I use 2 .6 gal droppers per 3 gal. I’ll just run 1 ea for the 1 gal.
That should get me 24 1 gal in 4x4

How long do you suggest veg for?