How to add extra hanging bar to 5x5?

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

I currently have two mars hydro tsl2000's in a 5x5 tent. I'm going into flower and am bumping up my watts with two blurples that draw 145w each. My problem is, I can't hang them how I want without another support bar. Unfortunately no one seems to make an extra support bar for a 5x5. I was thinking of pvc pipe or something but I don't know how to secure it better than some Gorilla tape. Anyone have any ideas?

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

I bought a fusion tent with extra bar from growlights.ca it only gives more anchor points but doesn’t give you any more weight bearing. I use these to hang lights from
9 Pack Extension Cord Holder Organizer, Heavy Duty Storage Straps Fit with Garage Hooks and Pool Hose Hangers by LuBanSir
Then you can move lights around easily. If it was holding more then 50lbs I’d secure as well with a good zip tie 100lb rated

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

I'd just link some 24" zipties together.
My issue is I can't hang those zip ties to anything. The lights I have are rectangular so the space in between is a rectangle. The only extra bar I have is going the opposite direction and is responsible for holding the carbon filter and extraction fan. I could hang one light from it but not two. I guess I could move my fan and filter outside of the tent and move the bar, it would just be a pain.
https://www.amazon.com/Honyear-Cutt...t/dp/B07CLG9S5L/ref=psdc_507844_t3_B083SGB67D

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

My issue is I can't hang those zip ties to anything. The lights I have are rectangular so the space in between is a rectangle. The only extra bar I have is going the opposite direction and is responsible for holding the carbon filter and extraction fan. I could hang one light from it but not two. I guess I could move my fan and filter outside of the tent and move the bar, it would just be a pain.
Unfortunately always is

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

1/2" conduit. Measure the length so you overlap the poles on each side... squish the ends flat in a vice then slip a crescent wrench over the end or use pliers/vice grips and bend them a bit so they hook over the top of the end poles.... slip into place and done.

Top Bottom