How to build up the trichome

• Thread starter cansa0722
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cansa0722

Hey. I’d like to know which products I can use to build up more trichome? I am at week 4 flowering stage. I am using bud-xl, but it seems not working well. Any suggestions?
Thank you

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The differences I see in trich density, size and shape seem to be very strongly related to genetics and little else. But I've never used any product that claimed to increase trich production, terp production, etc., so maybe such a product exists and works well, I just ignored it.

Interestingly, the most heavily laden trich monsters that I've grown were not the most powerful plants I've grown. They were up there, but big ol' trichs don't necessarily mean high potency.

AmiT

AmiT

I'd say, if the soil and nutriments are good, we can stimulate trichomes production by using fans to stress a bit and by trimming as much as possible

strider26554

strider26554

I have been growing for thirty plus years, and the genetics is the primary driver, I am currently growing an Afghanistan hash strain that has very bizarre trichs that cover almost the entire plant, if I rake the dry stems there is keif produced. the quality of the keif differs from area to area but overall there are more trichs than on any other strain ive grown.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I have been growing for thirty plus years, and the genetics is the primary driver, I am currently growing an Afghanistan hash strain that has very bizarre trichs that cover almost the entire plant, if I rake the dry stems there is keif produced. the quality of the keif differs from area to area but overall there are more trichs than on any other strain ive grown.
As much as this one?

Th 2660291636
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

The differences I see in trich density, size and shape seem to be very strongly related to genetics and little else. But I've never used any product that claimed to increase trich production, terp production, etc., so maybe such a product exists and works well, I just ignored it.

Interestingly, the most heavily laden trich monsters that I've grown were not the most powerful plants I've grown. They were up there, but big ol' trichs don't necessarily mean high potency.
The stalked ones are the ones of concern.

C

cansa0722

The stalked ones are the ones of concern.
I'd say, if the soil and nutriments are good, we can stimulate trichomes production by using fans to stress a bit and by trimming as much as possible
Thank you for sharing. Have you used any nutrients. I will need to test out some products. I used bud-xl, but it seems the stalks can’t handle. How do fans and trimming work?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The plant produces trichs as a self defense mechanism. Three things I know of that will increase trich production are;
1. Bugs
2. UV light
3. Certain enzymes that stress the plant in specific ways.

Spider Farmer has come out with UV LEDs.
DaKine company has a product called "Sticky Icky" that is made of the enzymes specifically for this.

Sticky Icky

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Hey. I’d like to know which products I can use to build up more trichome? I am at week 4 flowering stage. I am using bud-xl, but it seems not working well. Any suggestions?
Thank you
The last 34 hours of my harvest I leave them in complete darkness to boost trichome production. Some growers believe this helps some dont.

Z

Zill

Dear CN,
Look up John Lydon, USDA, University of MD, College Park, around 194ish. He and I were graduate students in the same department. John's research involved studying the effects of UV lights on terpenes and cannabinoid production in marijuana plants. His research was paid for the US government and John grew the plants in a Doberman guarded green house in Beltsville, MD. USDA. We all helped John harvest, extract and analyze. Of course, some chaff fell to the floor. We used to call is nuclear, glowed in the dark. BUT, It was all leaves, very green healthy leaves. Zero buds. Sex wasn't considered. But those leaves were potent. Not very fragrant but powerful.

This year, I am a one-time outdoor single plant grower. I know my way around plants pretty well. I'm impressed with this forum. Don't kid yourself growing with artificial media and lighting while fighting disease and insects, humidity, fans, C02, moisture is not easy. You control everything. I have not seen mention of using UV light to stimulate resin production. Maybe UV has been mentioned to decontaminate but to supplement the grow lights.

I'll find the article and share.

Zill.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
The plant produces trichs as a self defense mechanism. Three things I know of that will increase trich production are;
1. Bugs
2. UV light
3. Certain enzymes that stress the plant in specific ways.

Spider Farmer has come out with UV LEDs.
DaKine company has a product called "Sticky Icky" that is made of the enzymes specifically for this.

Sticky Icky
I looked at that one today, just wondering about our eyes with the UV light, as it is the light isn't great...ad UV??...blind harvest?

Z

Zill

I found his article,

John used UVB, not as bad as UVC but more energetic than UVA. Ranges not single wavelengths.

Latest posts

Top Bottom