How To Correct Nute Lockout In Coots Mix?

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xenon730

xenon730

Word. Breed that male out! And feel free to post pics of your Clusterfunks in my log if you want. I tend to grow/document strains that have very little real info about them online (although I did grow some Goji last run; there's a billion logs of that one around), so the more info/pics that're in that log, the better. It's kind of a pet peeve of mine when I search for documented grows of strains I'm interested in and there's nothing out there.

I dunno about feeding the plants anymore. I'm really a "less is more" kinda guy, but I'll monitor the plants and react accordingly. I have a big ol' tub of my soil mix sitting in the garage, maybe I will top dress with a little bit of that. We'll see. The Clusterfunk is the plant showing the least amount of damage from the Mg deficiency, although it isn't looking up to my standards. Having said that, it's really, really starting to fill in now, may not need to do anything else at this point.
my concern is that in flower she goes through mag quick and could affect potency and yield without much symptoms anymore. she's gonna need more mag from somewhere in some days. topdressing more mix seems the best imo as it obviously lasts them a long time.

Minitiger

Minitiger

my concern is that in flower she goes through mag quick and could affect potency and yield without much symptoms anymore. she's gonna need more mag from somewhere in some days. topdressing more mix seems the best imo as it obviously lasts them a long time.

Yeah, I'll probably top dress in the next few days. We'll see. I may just give them a little more epsom salts in what? About a week or so? Maybe some molasses? I really don't want to go too hard with adding Mg this late in flower, as I've read that it can lead to the flowers burning "hot" once they're dried and cured. Epsom salts I'm most comfortable with. Thus far, though, there really doesn't look like there's gonna be any issues yield-wise. The Clusterfunk (and all of the plants, really, except for one of The Fuzzes)is filling in very nicely. The CF in particular is developing some super-thick tops.

As far as potency is concerned, I don't mind slightly less potent weed if it means it burns smoother and tastier. I'd rather have to smoke a little more but have it be really pleasant and delicious than have some crazy-strong weed that bites my throat and makes me cough up a lung.

xenon730

xenon730

Yeah, I'll probably top dress in the next few days. We'll see. I may just give them a little more epsom salts in what? About a week or so? Maybe some molasses? I really don't want to go too hard with adding Mg this late in flower, as I've read that it can lead to the flowers burning "hot" once they're dried and cured. Epsom salts I'm most comfortable with. Thus far, though, there really doesn't look like there's gonna be any issues yield-wise. The Clusterfunk (and all of the plants, really, except for one of The Fuzzes)is filling in very nicely. The CF in particular is developing some super-thick tops.

As far as potency is concerned, I don't mind slightly less potent weed if it means it burns smoother and tastier. I'd rather have to smoke a little more but have it be really pleasant and delicious than have some crazy-strong weed that bites my throat and makes me cough up a lung.
not true. magnesium and sulfur are critical to resin and terpene production. i flush with just 200ppm epsom to finish and had noticeable improvements in direct side by side tests. it's just easy to over fertilize with if you don't weigh it by the gram. easy to burn with. phos and nitro ruin smoke and were the only two i could notice in testing. 6g/gal = 200ppm. i should clarify I'm still currently testing varying levels of mg and s in the latter half of flowering.

is your grow thread up to date? id love to see photossss

Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

not true. magnesium and sulfur are critical to resin and terpene production. i flush with just 200ppm epsom to finish and had noticeable improvements in direct side by side tests. it's just easy to over fertilize with if you don't weigh it by the gram. easy to burn with. phos and nitro ruin smoke and were the only two i could notice in testing. 6g/gal = 200ppm. i should clarify I'm still currently testing varying levels of mg and s in the latter half of flowering.

is your grow thread up to date? id love to see photossss

Nah, I think the last photos I posted were taken about a week ago. I gotta water tomorrow, I'll take some pics then and post them after. Hopefully the plants will be looking better then, too. Probably best if we move this conversation over to that thread, as well. We seem to have veered away from the topic of this one haha.

Latest posts

Top Bottom