How to deal with high temperature inside a garage?

• Thread starter highletter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
highletter

highletter

Hello everyone! I'm currently combating temperature inside my grow tent.

A little bit about my set up:
I have a garage for growing porpuses. It perfectly fits the 10'x10' tent (wall to wall) and some of the growing gear in the corner.
The garage by itself is facing the sunny side (I physically can feel the heat from the wall).
It has proper ventilation. Exhaust + intake fans (both 8" 735 CFM).
AC is 8000 BTU and supposed to cover 300 sq ft but apparently, it doesn't even cover a tent. Air temperature with 3x1000 led lamps on (working 60-70%) during the daytime is as high as 82-88 F°. And it's not even summer.

I assume this sunny side + barely ventilated garage space and the heat from 3x 1000 w lamps is an overkill for my AC. It runs all the time that even my humidity level suffers sometimes.
As a possible solution, I was thinking about covering all sides of the tent with heat insulation foam boards. If this doesn't help maybe try to replace AC for the 12'000 or even 14'000 BTU one.

Does it make any sense to implement? Or it would be better to cool the garage room where the tent is located? Who had encountered similar problems, please share your experience.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hello everyone! I'm currently combating temperature inside my grow tent.

A little bit about my set up:
I have a garage for growing porpuses. It perfectly fits the 10'x10' tent (wall to wall) and some of the growing gear in the corner.
The garage by itself is facing the sunny side (I physically can feel the heat from the wall).
It has proper ventilation. Exhaust + intake fans (both 8" 735 CFM).
AC is 8000 BTU and supposed to cover 300 sq ft but apparently, it doesn't even cover a tent. Air temperature with 3x1000 led lamps on (working 60-70%) during the daytime is as high as 82-88 F°. And it's not even summer.

I assume this sunny side + barely ventilated garage space and the heat from 3x 1000 w lamps is an overkill for my AC. It runs all the time that even my humidity level suffers sometimes.
As a possible solution, I was thinking about covering all sides of the tent with heat insulation foam boards. If this doesn't help maybe try to replace AC for the 12'000 or even 14'000 BTU one.

Does it make any sense to implement? Or it would be better to cool the garage room where the tent is located? Who had encountered similar problems, please share your experience.
So there are a couple options.

1. Build a sealed grow room in the garage... actually pretty cheap and easy.

2. Get air exchange for the garage from the cool side.

Basically you either need a sealed room and that requires a fair bit of equipment including co2. Or control the climate of the whole garage. It will be far to difficult to try and control the tent itself.

IhatePM

IhatePM

Mini split the garage. Or before we got our ac system. I placed the tent next to a wall with a window, cut a hole in the tent and put a window unit In. My neighbors complained about the smell, so went different way. 😒

highletter

highletter

So there are a couple options.

1. Build a sealed grow room in the garage... actually pretty cheap and easy.

2. Get air exchange for the garage from the cool side.

Basically you either need a sealed room and that requires a fair bit of equipment including co2. Or control the climate of the whole garage. It will be far to difficult to try and control the tent itself.
Good point. Based on your suggestion I came up with a mixed variant. What if I'll take AC from the grow tent and put it outside directly in the garage room. So, I will cool down the whole space and will compensate for the absence of the AC in the tent by turning on the exhaust and intake fan more often?

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

I think you’ll still have problems especially in full heat of summer. I’d suggest start insulating the shed first and possibly tent too. Any cool you get is lost more even if summer. A huge ac might compensate but at what point does it become unaffordable. I had the same problem last summer growing in my shed. I’m moved the whole thing indoors where I have more control and it’s more secure. Here it’s 35c in summer and -45c in winter. It’s a lot to compensate for

Madmax

Madmax

Agree^^ first thing i did was build a room in the shed and insulated the walls ceiling..cost a little bit but had no problems through summer..to help i had lights on through the nite..

dire wolf

dire wolf

90 degrees is not hot. Anyone who tells you it is, is a fucking God damned lying piece of shit.

Put a little yucca in your soil. Keep your humidity high. And get the fuck off these retard faggot ass fantasy circle jerk websites
Right on brother ........

dire wolf

dire wolf

Last time someone told me it was 90 degrees , I knocked his ass out , I think it was 86 deg WTF , fuckers out there .......

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Last time someone told me it was 90 degrees , I knocked his ass out , I think it was 86 deg WTF , fuckers out there .......

you heard him. Just spread some yukka on your ass. You will be fine. Stupid forums. ;-(

Billymgb

Billymgb

Yes you for sure need to insulate your garage. I have a similar set up. My garage is 24x24 and I built a 4x7x8 grow room. Until I insulated the ceiling (walls are concrete) a AC would not cool the garage it will now.

Mytwhyt

Mytwhyt

Even the yuccas are dying because it's so hot here..
Hot

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Read a lot of my past threads n posts

I live in Chicago with a 4x8 room in garage

It’s tough to control things on a budget......basically not making it into insulated heated/ac space

Top Bottom