how to fight mites in 5 week of bud ,,

• Thread starter NBfrost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NBfrost

hey all , i have notice the mites on my plants have flared up again .. i am in my 5th week of bud and i need to know how to fight these and what would be sufficent to use and for how long , i am going to flush them in the am and going to give then a good spray of safers mite treatment .. i hope this will not effect my bud , but i dont know what other choice i have ??

A

amstercal

Some people dose the room with high levels of CO2. I personally haven't had any luck with that. If you're going 9 weeks or more, you could probably get in another treatment of azamax, but be careful because it can make your buds taste bad if you use it too late. If you're just going 8 weeks, your best bet is probably Mighty Wash. You can use it up to harvest. Tried it once toward the end, and I don't know if it got rid of them, but it at least slowed them down. I've also been told you can use p-bombs that late, but I never have personally. Otherwise, cold water will slow them down a little, but spraying your bud with water can cause mold problems too so be careful.

N

NBfrost

i just got finished spraying them with safers mite all .. i think this will slow them down , i have a recipie from a skunk mag that was put together by rev . it has garlic , nemis oil , and a natural peppermint soap .. would it hurt to use this ? what about if i just gave them a good wash on the last week ? could be no worse than getting rain outdoors rite ? lol i cannot let these bugs win .. what do u mean by a p bomb ?

symbiote420

symbiote420

Heard of that CO2 treatment as well, it works but it doesn't kill the eggs, neem oil will slow down their reproduction rates, but if you don't want to be spraying the plants get you a bunch of ladybugs or spider mite predators.

mango420

mango420

Are you talking about safers Endall? If its the Endall 2 that stuff is pretty much garbage. Get yourself some Scotts Bug B Gone, its a copy of the old endall which worked real well for mites. Just make sure to spray all undersides of leaves as well, as this is where all the mites hide and lay there eggs. To break the cycle spray 3 times, 3 days apart for each spray, this will kill the initial mites, and the next 2 will kill the mites that hatched from the eggs. Make sure you spray everything! You can use this up to day of harvest but I would use an organic spray the last week if their still bad.

A p-bomb is a pyrethrin fogger or fumigator. Some people have had some success with these but my mites laughed at them.

sedate

sedate

NBFrost said:
i have a recipie from a skunk mag that was put together by rev . it has garlic , nemis oil , and a natural peppermint soap .. would it hurt to use this

Um. Neem is effective - I think you'll find the rest of that shit a waste of time though.

mango said:
Are you talking about safers Endall? If its the Endall 2 that stuff is pretty much garbage

Um. I've found Safer's EndAll an excellent miticide . . . although it takes a number of treatments over fairly short intervals to actually eradicate them and the pyrethrin concentration is a bit low.

And even at a low price of $7 bottle, I'd need 30 of them to do my whole room . . .

I've had really good results mixing my own -

Neem Oil, Insecticidal Soap, and Pyrethrin concentrate are all readily available and the insecticidal soap serves as an emulsifier for the neem . . .

mango said:
A p-bomb is a pyrethrin fogger or fumigator. Some people have had some success with these but my mites laughed at them

Yea it depends on the strain of mites - many are pyrethrin resistant - some are not.

The first mites I ever had ate it when I popped one of those - didn't see mites for a year until I brought home some infected clones - these fuckers are seriously pyrethrin resistant - I can't get bifenthrin to kill them off for more than a couple days.

Apparently pyrethrin resistant mites are real fucking common now - first ones apparently popped up just a few years after the introduction of bifenthrin for major agricultral applications.

N

NBfrost

hey all , i hit them last night with the endall , its all i had beside the neims oil ..i mixed it really strong , 30 ml to a 1/2 liter , last time i did that , i but them up on my whit table the next day to examin them and there must have been a million dead mites on that table by the time i was done , but i think i am going to switch it up so they dont become resistant .. i just want to keep them in check untill i harvest in 4 weeks .. the only down side to this is that they make my plants really droopy , so now i have to tye them up now lol i would post some pics but they were never bad enought to be really visable .. just some small webs in the croch of the leaf and stem ..

N

NBfrost

i just got finished flushing my plants , and i tested the ph of my run off , and it was at 5.4 . I do not understand how it got this low , i have alway adjusted my ph at anywhere from 6.3 - 6.5 before i water , this was always measured after nutes were added . i am using sunshine mix # 4 .. how can this be ? how is the best way to get it up to where it needs to be around 6.3 ?? water with nuterients adjusted to 7.0 ?

mango420

mango420

i just got finished flushing my plants , and i tested the ph of my run off , and it was at 5.4 . I do not understand how it got this low , i have alway adjusted my ph at anywhere from 6.3 - 6.5 before i water , this was always measured after nutes were added . i am using sunshine mix # 4 .. how can this be ? how is the best way to get it up to where it needs to be around 6.3 ?? water with nuterients adjusted to 7.0 ?

Your low runoff ph is normal, when you add nutes to your soil your ph goes down, and the more you feed the more the ph goes down. Im in coco right now and my ph going in is always around 6, 6.1..and my runoff is around 5.2 and my plants are happy as can be. Dont stress about this at all

N

NBfrost

i am thinking of going to coco on my next run .. with drip emmiters .. i check the plants tonite , and i notice alot of eggs but not many live mites ... i am going to spray them tomarrow or the next night with the neims oil .. or i might go to the supply store and get some new killer juice ...

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I'm a big fan of predator mites.

outwest

turbo14

turbo14

Mighty Wash.... get this product...

Charged water that kills negatively charged mites.. Use all the way up to harvest..

Follow up with Pyganic 4% to get remaining little ones the very next day..

Do not spray anything else on your flowers....

trust..

turbo

Jack MeOff

Jack MeOff

I used Hot-Shot No Pest Strip for a few days, and have not seen anymore.

the rrock

the rrock

predator mights are a joke=conditions have to be absolutely perfect for them to have any effect

Top Bottom