How To Get Bushy Plants?

• Thread starter markp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

markp

I have 4 plants on raised beds outdoors, spaced about 1 meter apart. I am growing what I assume is sativa (origin unknown, got the seeds from a friend), and I am looking to fill most of the lateral space instead of letting them grow tall.

Lots of techniques I found googling invovle bending the main steam 90 degrees horizontally, but if you see the picture I posted, the main steam is straight and all the other branches come from the same height and go up from there. Nothing is extremely horizontal.

How can I achieve something like that?
How to get bushy plants

3 balls

3 balls

I have 4 plants on raised beds outdoors, spaced about 1 meter apart. I am growing what I assume is sativa (origin unknown, got the seeds from a friend), and I am looking to fill most of the lateral space instead of letting them grow tall.

Lots of techniques I found googling invovle bending the main steam 90 degrees horizontally, but if you see the picture I posted, the main steam is straight and all the other branches come from the same height and go up from there. Nothing is extremely horizontal.

How can I achieve something like that?
where's the pic?

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Top them. Cut off all the nodes at the end of each branch. This is how you multiply branches. Try a screen-over-green and tie branches down to keep them from growing too tall. There's tons of different ways to have short bushy plants.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
That looks like indica. But yeah, cut off nodes on the ends of your branches while they are young and you will get big bushy plants like that.

Madmax

Madmax

They are bushy dude.your gonna have heaaps of tops.You top them and it will slow plant growth down..not what you want right now.as they appear not far off starting the bud cycle.but it does depend how long your grow season is..you can top away if you like ;)
They are beautifully shaped plants Mark..id just cage them and let them do there stuff.
Just my 2c

Last edited:
3 balls

3 balls

They are bushy dude.your gonna have heaaps of tops.You top them and it will slow plant growth down..not what you want right now.as they appear not far off starting the bud cycle.but it does depend how long your grow season is..you can top away if you like ;)
They are beautifully shaped plants Mark..id just cage them and let them do there stuff.
Just my 2c
I would be the happiest guy in the world if my biggest problem was getting those bushier. I don't think that's what he's asking though.;)

3 balls

3 balls

Now I'm confused. Are you asking how to get your plants to look like the ones in the pic? If those are the plants you want bushier, I'm gonna worry about that right after I get done worrying about Brad Pitt's woman problems.

Madmax

Madmax

Lol..if i was Brad id b the biggest slut ever .your making me think now pic was just an example .thats no raised bed..I think ive fucked up...hmm alright...those plants in pic look like clones have been topped a few times id say when they were knee high to a grasshopper. a month old .you either top or lst or both .show some pics of your plants and the guys will show you what to do..there would b a gazillion grow logs on this subject and demos of how to do it...

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Chunky chunky...really like those Buzzer.they look very similar to some strain ive grown over the yrs..what brred are those.
The ones (2) on the ends were Mystery from Bonza (I think Green Crack)..the one in the middle is a clone of my Cackleberry (Green Point Seeds).
I have never been able to legally cultivate (not just toss and grow) until this year (Nevada). This shit is outrageous when taken care of. I flash froze the whole crop to make Fresh Frozen Hash and then Rosin, but kept a bit to cure normal and smoke..
I also grew the identical clones indoors..Besides yields Obviously), the potency and smell/taste of the outdoor kills the indoor..same nutes.
One plant after being chopped.
Buckets show what came off in a bud wash!!!:puke2:
IMG 1390
IMG 1391

Monster762

Monster762

You could top them but that each time might slow growth a week or so. I’d take every tall branch and carefully bend them Away from each other. Tie with rope or whatever but make sure it won’t cut into your branches. Spread em out like large scale lst. It’ll be wider just by doing that then all those little branches will reach up for light in few days. Keep training til you got what you want. A tuck or tie is better than topping in most cAses. Unless you’re lacking tops.

Madmax

Madmax

Wouldnt mind growing that green crack..ive never ever washed the buds.always thought it would knock the trics about too much..but gee..that water is filthy as.thats unreal...
I bet you can taste a difference between washed and not..

Monster762

Monster762

Wouldnt mind growing that green crack..ive never ever washed the buds.always thought it would knock the trics about too much..but gee..that water is filthy as.thats unreal...
I bet you can taste a difference between washed and not..
I ran green crack honestly it sucked compared to other stuff. Looked amazing had dumb ass colas but smoke lacked. It never got a good taste but was pretty strong.youd be real lazy 15 mins later. I would say it was first run so it’s my fault but confident enough it wasn’t me that I won’t run it again. I kept em healthy loving life. 82 g dry on first plant.
I also ran the rarer indica dominant version of GC maybe that is what was wrong. Mostly it’s the sativa dom people can get.
Never washed a bud either but I’ve read a lot on it. Supposedly done right you lose nothing. And makes a wirld difference. Maybe I’ll try on a plant next chop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom